Author Topic: ‘Targeted’ zero trust: New DoD strategy will outline 90 capabilities  (Read 136 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
‘Targeted’ zero trust: New DoD strategy will outline 90 capabilities

The strategy outlines 90 capabilities that will get the Pentagon after what it's calling targeted zero trust and an additional 62 capabilities for a more "advanced" zero trust, David McKeown, DoD CIO for cybersecurity, said.
By   JASPREET GILL
on September 07, 2022 at 3:01 PM

WASHINGTON — The Pentagon’s upcoming new zero trust strategy will outline dozens of capabilities needed to bring the Defense Department to what it’s calling “targeted” zero trust, a departure from its previous framework, a defense official said today.

The strategy, which could come out sometime this month, outlines 90 capabilities “at the targeted zero trust level, which are clearly defined,” David McKeown, deputy chief information officer for cybersecurity, said at the Billington Cybersecurity Summit. “We have a definition of what it takes to check the box and fulfill that particular capability. Those 90 capabilities are going to get us to what we’re calling targeted zero trust.”

An additional 62 capabilities that will get the Pentagon to a “more advanced zero trust” that could be used on national security systems or systems that are “very, very important” are also defined in the strategy, he added.

https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/board,181.0.html
« Last Edit: September 08, 2022, 11:53:18 am by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson