Author Topic: Iran sentences two LGBT activists to death  (Read 693 times)

Offline libertybele

Iran sentences two LGBT activists to death
« on: September 06, 2022, 02:02:07 pm »
Iran sentences two LGBT activists to death

Two LGBT activists have been sentenced to death in Iran, rights groups say.

A court in Urmia found Zahra Seddiqi Hamedani, 31, and Elham Choubdar, 24, guilty of "corruption on Earth".

The Hengaw Organization for Human Rights reported that they were accused of promoting homosexuality, promoting Christianity and communicating with media opposed to the Islamic Republic.

Iran's judiciary later confirmed the sentences, but said they were connected to human trafficking and not activism.

"Contrary to the news published in cyberspace and the rumours that have been spread, these two individuals have been accused of deceiving women and young girls and trafficking them to one of the countries of the region," the judiciary's news outlet Mizan reported.

Norway-registered Hengaw said Seddiqi Hamedani, also known as Sareh, was from the predominantly Kurdish town of Naqadeh in West Azerbaijan province, which borders both Turkey and Iraq...............

................The group said the first two accusations stemmed from her public defence of LGBT rights on social media and her appearance in a May 2021 BBC documentary about abuses that LGBT people were suffering in Iraq's semi-autonomous Kurdistan Region, where she had been living.

Under Iranian law, same-sex sexual conduct is a criminal offence, with punishments ranging from flogging to the death penalty.

The accusation of promoting Christianity was for wearing a cross necklace and attending a house church in Iran several years ago, Amnesty added.

Citizens who are not recognised as Christians, Zoroastrians, or Jews may not engage in public religious expression in Iran..........

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-62793573
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Iran sentences two LGBT activists to death
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2022, 12:50:18 am »
Two LGBT activists have been sentenced to death in Iran, rights groups say.

There IS such a thing as "brave",but there is also such a thing as "stupid".

These whatevers had a death wish.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2022, 03:31:27 am »
Saw one of the two that are facing a head lift or stoning.  Total freak.  Being a freak works in a FREE nation like the USA, but in Iran, total insanity.  Basic simple logic, it is hard to change anything when you have been separated from your head or stoned to death. 

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2022, 04:37:38 am »
Well, I hope they get their pronouns right... :whistle:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2022, 09:29:07 am »
Well, I hope they get their pronouns right... :whistle:

:silly:

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2022, 03:43:17 pm »
Saw one of the two that are facing a head lift or stoning.  Total freak.  Being a freak works in a FREE nation like the USA, but in Iran, total insanity.  Basic simple logic, it is hard to change anything when you have been separated from your head or stoned to death.
According to some sources of Islamic law, Ismailian said, the punishments for homosexuality include being thrown from a mountain, immolation, or execution by sword. Several recent cases have garnered a great deal of attention in this regard, but they appear to be overshadowed by concern over the execution of minors.

From what I can recall, the muzzies have gotten either lazy or taken a modern view on the thrown from a mountain thing and substituted tall buildings. These two were absolute morons but hope for their sake if the death penalty is carried out it's by very sharp sword and swift, being tossed from a tall building not so good and immolation? Well muzzies are stuck in the dark ages....

Offline BellyAche

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2022, 04:22:58 pm »
So many of these activists try to "bleed a stone" and get bloodied in return!!  NOT smart as others have said here.  BTW I still don't get the fixation with pronouns!  I've seen many email signatures of late with a long list of them (she, hers, etc.).  WTF??!!
Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. - Theodore Roosevelt