Author Topic: Franchetti sworn in as vice chief of naval operations  (Read 114 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Franchetti sworn in as vice chief of naval operations
« on: September 05, 2022, 11:53:55 am »
Franchetti sworn in as vice chief of naval operations
By Geoff Ziezulewicz
 Friday, Sep 2

Adm. Lisa Franchetti took the helm as the Navy’s 42nd vice chief of naval operations during a ceremony Friday.

In addition to taking on the Navy’s second-highest uniformed position, Franchetti received her fourth star prior to replacing outgoing vice chief of naval operations Adm. William Lescher.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/pentagon-congress/2022/09/02/franchetti-sworn-in-as-vice-chief-of-naval-operations/
Lescher became vice CNO in May 2020 and is slated to retire.

“Adm. Franchetti is a true leader with unrelenting commitment to the Fleet,” Chief of Naval Operations Adm. Mike Gilday said, according to a press release announcing the event. “She demonstrates operational excellence, strong character, diverse perspectives and resilience in all she does — and I look forward to working together to ensure our Navy remains the world’s premier maritime force.”
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson