Author Topic: U.S. military helped free American citizen held captive in west Africa, sources believe to be 83-yea  (Read 152 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
U.S. military helped free American citizen held captive in west Africa, sources believe to be 83-year-old nun

FEATUREDWIB CULTURE September 2, 2022 Staff Writer 0

The U.S. military said Thursday that it helped free an American citizen from terrorist kidnappers this week in west Africa, the strongest evidence yet that American armed forces aided the release of an 83-year-old Roman Catholic nun who was abducted there five months ago.

An Africa Command spokesperson did not identify the hostage but said its personnel “facilitated” the release on Monday, the same day that Sister Suellen Tennyson, a Kenner native, was freed.

Mystery surrounds kidnapped Louisiana nun’s release in Africa; U.S. military might have helped
Report Ad

“On the afternoon of August 29, U.S. Africa Command personnel facilitated the safe turnover of an American citizen who had been held hostage by terrorists in a remote area of West Africa,” the spokesperson said in a written statement. ” U.S. Africa Command would like to thank all of our African and international partners who provided excellent cooperation over the months leading up to this recovery, in particular, the government of Niger, who were critical to this effort.”

https://warisboring.com/u-s-military-helped-free-american-citizen-held-captive-in-west-africa-sources-believe-to-be-83-year-old-nun/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
How much damage was done to the environment in rescuing that old woman?  And the military thinks they are champions of the environment! :tongue2:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson