Author Topic: California’s electric car mandate could spread to over a dozen states  (Read 859 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Published September 4, 2022 1:30pm EDT
California’s electric car mandate could spread to over a dozen states
California's gas car ban faces firm opposition in states across the country

By Anders Hagstrom FOXBusiness

More than a dozen states are debating whether to adopt California's plan to ban new gas cars by the year 2035.

Several of the 17 states are likely to move forward with the plan, including Washington, Massachusetts, New York, Oregon and Vermont. California's restrictions are the strictest in the country, mandating that all new vehicles run on either electricity or hydrogen by 2035.

The mandate is facing fierce pushback in states like Minnesota, where the Minnesota Auto Dealers Association argues the weather prohibits the use of solely electric vehicles.

"The technology is such that the vehicles just don’t perform that well in cold weather," Scott Lambert, the trade group’s president, told the Associated Press. "We don’t all live in southern California."

Colorado is also among the states where the measure faces firm opposition.

"While the governor shares the goal of rapidly moving towards electric vehicles, he is skeptical about requiring 100% of cars sold to be electric by a certain date as technology is rapidly changing," the Colorado Energy Office told the AP.

Meanwhile, Republicans in Virginia are attempting to cut themselves off from California's standards. The state passed legislation subjecting itself to California's standards in 2021, when Democrats controlled the legislature and the governor's office.

Republican Virginia Gov. Glenn Youngkin called the legislation "ridiculous" last week and has bent his administration toward cutting the ties.

"In an effort to turn Virginia into California, liberal politicians who previously ran our government sold Virginia out by subjecting Virginia drivers to California vehicle laws," Youngkin wrote in a statement on Twitter. "Now, under that pact, Virginians will be forced to adopt the California law that prohibits the sale of gas and diesel-fueled vehicles."

"I am already at work to prevent this ridiculous edict from being forced on Virginians. California’s out of touch laws have no place in our Commonwealth," he continued.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/californias-electric-car-mandate-could-spread-dozen-states
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: California’s electric car mandate could spread to over a dozen states
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2022, 12:42:23 pm »
 :whistle:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2022, 12:50:20 pm »
:whistle:

You know if they pull off this stunt, you and me will be buggin  the gut on draft horses....  *****rollingeyes*****

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2022, 06:03:00 pm »
It is high time Congress put California back in its place.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2022, 11:11:43 am »
You know if they pull off this stunt, you and me will be buggin  the gut on draft horses....  *****rollingeyes*****
Yeah, but if you thought cars had emissions, you ain't seen nothin' yet.

But if the nuts get their way, we could be scooping that, drying it, and burning it for heat...
« Last Edit: September 06, 2022, 11:12:39 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2022, 12:18:55 pm »
Yeah, but if you thought cars had emissions, you ain't seen nothin' yet.

But if the nuts get their way, we could be scooping that, drying it, and burning it for heat...

Dried dung burns clean.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.