Author Topic: A Blue-Collar PhD Responds to Biden's Student Loan Plan  (Read 185 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
A Blue-Collar PhD Responds to Biden's Student Loan Plan
« on: September 04, 2022, 06:17:59 pm »
A Blue-Collar PhD Responds to Biden's Student Loan Plan
A reflection on how much contempt the Democrat Party has for people like me.

Fri Sep 2, 2022 Danusha V. Goska

My hometown was small. Woods bordered the east and west. I watched the sun rise and set into round green hills. The woods were thick enough to support my brothers' hunting squirrels and deer for food and fur. "We buy raw fur" read a sign hanging from a metal chain at the Van Ness farm stand. Horses grazed in a pasture at the end of the street, across from St. Francis Church. Men emerged from one factory coated in silver dust from head to foot. In another, women made candles in stifling heat and deafening noise. A DuPont munitions plant exploded in 1917; we played among the ruins and sifted them out of our yards. Many of us would become cancer cases and cancer deaths.

It was all so different then, and "different," contrary to the insistence of those who hate us, did not mean "all white" or "white supremacist." We were all so different. Three different languages were spoken in my childhood home. The family next door was black. Across the street "straight off the boat," Italians. Across from them, Ukrainians. Two doors down, Spanish, from Spain. Across from them, Jewish. A few houses down, Filipino. Up the street, Puerto Rican. The family doctor was Chinese, from China. The pharmacist and the dentist were Arabs. My first boss was an Indian woman from India. There were local kids whose families had been in the area longer than any of us. The Ramapo Mountain People were descendants of Dutch colonial settlers and African American slaves. We played together. We dated.

Our black neighbors were American. The father had a white-collar job; the mother was a nurse. They spoke English, dressed like TV characters, drove a new, but small, car, a Volkswagen, and ate hamburgers and hot dogs. I know because I was over there all the time.

https://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/2022/09/blue-collar-phd-responds-bidens-student-loan-plan-danusha-v-goska/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson