Author Topic: Walensky on Whether CDC Failed on Schools: I Wasn’t There ‘When Schools Were Closed’  (Read 378 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Walensky on Whether CDC Failed on Schools: I Wasn’t There ‘When Schools Were Closed’

Ian Hanchett 3 Sep 2022

On Friday’s broadcast of NPR’s “Morning Edition,” CDC Director Dr. Rochelle Walensky responded to a question on whether the handling of schools during the coronavirus pandemic was a failure by the CDC by stating that she was “not in the CDC when schools were closed.” And that “starting in January 2021, I have said, and continued to say, schools should be the first place to open and the last place to close.”

After Walensky talked about her review of the agency’s response to the pandemic, host Steve Inskeep asked, [relevant exchange begins around 3:30] “I know you want to look forward here, I would imagine, but of course, you also have to look back, and that’s what the review was. And I want to ask about one specific part of the response.” Inskeep then played a clip of Anya Kamenetz’s criticism of the agency before asking, “Dr. Walensky, do you accept that that was one of the CDC’s failures?”

Walensky responded, “Well, certainly, I was not in the CDC when schools were closed. But let me tell you, what I think people were thinking at the time, which is one of the areas — especially in other respiratory viruses, where there’s high rates of fatalities among children. And so, keeping the schools closed — or closing them originally was really intended to buy a little time to learn about how this respiratory virus was going to spread. I will say that, starting in January 2021, I have said, and continued to say, schools should be the first place to open and the last place to close. So, it had to be the place that we focused to make sure, if nothing else was working, we needed, first, to get our children back to school. We needed it to be a safe place for our children, for our teachers, for our staff.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/09/03/walensky-on-whether-cdc-failed-on-schools-i-wasnt-there-when-schools-were-closed-2/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
What kind of chickenshit reply is that?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Hoodat

Walensky on Whether CDC Failed on Schools: I Wasn’t There ‘When Schools Were Closed’

True, she wasn't at the CDC.  Instead, she was at Harvard closing her own class.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

A dishonest one.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
The "blame Trump" reply.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024