Author Topic: Buick to offer buyouts to U.S. dealers as brand prepares for all-electric future  (Read 521 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Buick to offer buyouts to U.S. dealers as brand prepares for all-electric future
Jordyn Grzelewski
The Detroit News

General Motors Co. will offer buyouts to Buick dealers in the U.S. who decide not to opt in to the brand's plans to be all-electric by 2030, the company confirmed Friday.

The news first was reported by the Wall Street Journal ahead of a Buick dealer meeting on Friday.

The buyout program would be open to all of the brand's 2,000 U.S. dealers, according to spokeswoman Michelle Malcho. Dealers who accept the buyout still would be able to sell other GM brands, as the program applies only to the Buick franchise.

more
https://www.detroitnews.com/story/business/autos/general-motors/2022/09/02/buick-offer-buyouts-u-s-dealers-ahead-all-electric-future/7972204001/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
Want to a good investment tip?  Wait for the Car companies that do not make the idotic full conversion to EV's.

Go Woke...  Go broke.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline EdinVA

Looks like GM found a way to get rid of Buick finally

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I thought they already did this with Cadillac dealers, told them to make insane investments in EV service equipment and tech or lose their franchise. Looks like they are just going down the list, maybe they keep a few Chevy's ICE, you know for us Cro-Magnon that won't....evolve. NAH! **nononono*

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Frankly, I don't give a flying F' what GM does.  I'll walk before I buy anything they build!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Frankly, I don't give a flying F' what GM does.  I'll walk before I buy anything they build!
I dunno, I have a small herd of pre-Obama, pre-bailout 20th century GM vehicles, mainly powered by one version or another of the venerable 350 (5.7 liter) V8.

I'll keep these going as long as I can.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis