Author Topic: Pew: Climate Concern is a Mostly Left Wing Issue  (Read 684 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Pew: Climate Concern is a Mostly Left Wing Issue
« on: September 03, 2022, 02:12:43 pm »
Pew: Climate Concern is a Mostly Left Wing Issue
13 hours ago Eric Worrall 54 Comments
Essay by Eric Worrall

According to Pew Research, More people than ever are worried about climate change – but there is a stark left / right political divide in levels of concern.

PEW RESEARCH CENTER AUGUST 31, 2022

Climate Change Remains Top Global Threat Across 19-Country Survey

People see UN favorably and believe ‘common values’ are more important for bringing nations together than ‘common problems’

BY JACOB POUSHTER, MOIRA FAGAN AND SNEHA GUBBALA

With the COVID-19 pandemic still raging, a hot war between Russia and Ukraine ongoing, inflation rates rising globally and heat records being smashed across parts of the world, countries are facing a wide variety of challenges in 2022. Among the many threats facing the globe, climate change stands out as an especially strong concern among citizens in advanced economies, according to a new Pew Research Center survey. A median of 75% across 19 countries in North America, Europe and the Asia-Pacific region label global climate change as a major threat.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2022/09/02/pew-climate-concern-is-a-left-wing-issue/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Pew: Climate Concern is a Mostly Left Wing Issue
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2022, 08:49:52 pm »
Pew:
"Climate Concern is a Mostly Left Wing Issue"

That's because it has more to do with control, than it does with "climate".

The more they can scare folks, the more control they'll be given in return.

And THAT's the left's major "concern".

Offline Dexter1989

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2022, 09:12:28 pm »
For an issue that's apparently so important to the left it sure doesn't get a lot of airtime when it comes to the primaries and Democrats debating.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2022, 07:57:00 am »
Who else would claim, after 4.6 BILLION years of climate change, that they could stop that dynamic system if you just send them enough money and give up enough stuff?

Who, but the Leftists, are stupid enough to fall for that dreck?

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline aligncare

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2022, 09:34:20 am »
Who else would claim, after 4.6 BILLION years of climate change, that they could stop that dynamic system if you just send them enough money and give up enough stuff?

Who, but the Leftists, are stupid enough to fall for that dreck?

That’s right. In the past, mass hysteria usually extinguished over time. This one (global warming) in the age of mass communication and especially the internet, is constantly being reinforced through deceit and through sheer stupidity and conformity.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2022, 10:15:43 am »
That’s right. In the past, mass hysteria usually extinguished over time. This one (global warming) in the age of mass communication and especially the internet, is constantly being reinforced through deceit and through sheer stupidity and conformity.
This mass hysteria has achieved what can only be described as perfusion.

If one were to eliminate every source tainted with the babblings of the cult of Climate Control, at least three decades of semi-scientific and popular science type writings would have to be abandoned, including National Geographic, for the constant references to how humans are responsible for not stopping natural processes that have been around for 1000 times longer than we have.  Unreal...

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2022, 11:49:59 am »
This is why 'ice ages' are being censored in education these days. Leftists do not want the peasants to know that the Earth has frozen and thawed hundreds of times before humans existed and when humans numbered in the hundreds.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2022, 02:01:55 pm »
For an issue that's apparently so important to the left it sure doesn't get a lot of airtime when it comes to the primaries.
@Dexter1989

Dims don't waste time debating each other about something that is party dogma.

The Dim Party should just go ahead and declare themselves to be a religion so they can justify Dim Dogma.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2022, 09:50:19 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online roamer_1

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2022, 03:52:47 pm »
This mass hysteria has achieved what can only be described as perfusion.

If one were to eliminate every source tainted with the babblings of the cult of Climate Control, at least three decades of semi-scientific and popular science type writings would have to be abandoned, including National Geographic, for the constant references to how humans are responsible for not stopping natural processes that have been around for 1000 times longer than we have.  Unreal...

Beyond unreal. But you are right - whole houses of so-called 'science' would crumble. Whole disciplines would tumble to the ground...

As is always the case with science, that cannot be allowed to occur.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2022, 03:14:32 pm »
Beyond unreal. But you are right - whole houses of so-called 'science' would crumble. Whole disciplines would tumble to the ground...

As is always the case with science, that cannot be allowed to occur.
Until it does. (The acceptance of Plate tectonics and Continental drift is an example).

Like germ theory, sooner or later, reality will win.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2022, 08:44:47 pm »
Until it does. (The acceptance of Plate tectonics and Continental drift is an example).

Like germ theory, sooner or later, reality will win.

Generations from now, perhaps. Right now, it is certainly going in the opposite direction from reality.

And I think it will continue, as part of the Great Deception noted in Biblical prophecy... 'Science, so called'...