Author Topic: The Army Brief: Study hall for recruits; Sexual assault reports; Helpful tech tools; and more...  (Read 129 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The Army Brief: Study hall for recruits; Sexual assault reports; Helpful tech tools; and more...
CAITLIN M. KENNEY | SEPTEMBER 2, 2022
THE ARMY BRIEF ARMY

Welcome to The Army Brief, a weekly look at the news and ideas shaping the service’s future.

Prep course. The Army is hurting for talent and has set up a new preparatory course at Fort Jackson to help recruits whose aptitude or fitness scores fall just under the standard so they can improve and enlist, Defense One reports. The course is a pilot program and is expected to last a year before the Army decides whether to make it permanent and implement it at other basic training locations.

Sexual assault survey. The Army had the highest number of reported sexual assaults in 2021 among the military services, according to a new report, and reported assaults across the miltary increased by 13 percent from the previous year, Defense One reports. The Army saw a 25 percent increase in reports in 2021 from 2020.

Smart sensors. As soldiers gather more data to conduct missions, one program office is looking for tech that makes it easier for analysts to make sense of it all, Defense One reports. They are also investing in tools to make it easier for commanders to see and understand the digital battlefield.

https://www.defenseone.com/threats/2022/09/the-army-brief-september-02-2022/376676/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson