Author Topic: Labor Sec’y Walsh: We’ll Need Immigration for New Electric Vehicle, Chip Manufacturing Jobs  (Read 266 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Labor Sec’y Walsh: We’ll Need Immigration for New Electric Vehicle, Chip Manufacturing Jobs

Ian Hanchett 2 Sep 2022

On Friday’s broadcast of the Fox Business Network’s “Varney & Co.,” Labor Secretary Marty Walsh stated that he’s concerned about the worker shortage that the United States currently has, and as companies expand their operations and as the manufacturing of electric vehicles and semiconducter chips moves to the United States, the issue of the worker shortage “has to be addressed, and the only way you can do it is through immigration.”

Walsh stated, [relevant remarks begin around 2:00] “[W]e’re going to have to have that real serious conversation at some point, because it will begin to impact our economy. And what I’m concerned about, where I stand is, if those 11 million jobs had to be filled tomorrow, we don’t certainly don’t have enough people in the United States to fill those jobs. And companies are going to grow and expand. And I heard your previous report talking about Apple and you think about we’re doing more around the electric vehicles and with chips, a lot more manufacturing coming back to the United States of America. So, at some point, the issue of workers has to be addressed, and the only way you can do it is through immigration.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/09/02/labor-secy-walsh-well-need-immigration-for-new-electric-vehicle-chip-manufacturing-jobs/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Marty, you rat bastard.  You need to stop drinking the DC Beltway Kool-Aid.

There are millions of under-employed Americans who could benefit from these jobs if provided access to skills training and education.

Why are Dems more concerned with illegal immigrants than strugling Americans?
« Last Edit: September 03, 2022, 02:06:56 am by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.