Author Topic: New Electric Mustang Only Lasted 6 Months Without Dangerous Complications - Ford Announces Major EV  (Read 444 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
New Electric Mustang Only Lasted 6 Months Without Dangerous Complications - Ford Announces Major EV Recall

Jack Davis, The Western Journal   By Jack Davis, The Western Journal
Published September 1, 2022 at 4:55pm

Ford’s electric version of its legendary Mustang muscle car has been hit with a recall.

Ford is recalling 1,175 of its 2022 Mustang Mach-E electric vehicles due to concerns that the right-rear axle half shafts may have a manufacturing defect, according to Ford Authority.

The defect means that the part could break.

https://thefederalistpapers.org/us/new-electric-mustang-lasted-6-months-without-dangerous-complications-ford-announces-major-ev-recall
« Last Edit: September 02, 2022, 09:10:18 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji

Those things are just ugly and, IMHO, anathema to the Mustang brand and name.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
You're right but I don't see an axle issue as having anything to do with the Mustangs in question being EV's. All vehicle manufacturers have mechanical issues with car models. Considering Ford's history of vehicle fires I expected something like that not a quality control issue on a mechanical part.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat

I feel the same way about the four door Mustangs currently on the road.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
You're right but I don't see an axle issue as having anything to do with the Mustangs in question being EV's. All vehicle manufacturers have mechanical issues with car models. Considering Ford's history of vehicle fires I expected something like that not a quality control issue on a mechanical part.
The issue might be a different torque profile from the EV than you would get with an ICE. You know there are going to be drivers who peel out with that EV, and the power curve has to be different than it would be with, say, a 302 or 351.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
The issue might be a different torque profile from the EV than you would get with an ICE. You know there are going to be drivers who peel out with that EV, and the power curve has to be different than it would be with, say, a 302 or 351.
There is no end to the morons with no driving skills that by high performance cars whether Mustang, Camaro, Charger, Corvette or the outrageously expensive marks and try to be impressive with burnouts or just punching it and destroy their cars because they don't know how to handle the torque. Some days I que them up on YouTube for a laugh.