Author Topic: Barr: ‘Unprecedented’ Trump Had Classified Docs in a Country Club — He ‘Jerked Around’ DOJ for a Yea  (Read 5364 times)

Online Hoodat

For someone who has been out of government since 2020, Barr seems to have intimate knowledge of ongoing Justice Department investigations.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
He appointed the only people McConnell would confirm.  I live in this town, not in an ivy-covered enclave.  I work among these cretins, not with the isolated.  Doubling down on ignorance as though it's gospel from on-high is not helpful.
Then, obviously, McConnell remains the problem.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mountaineer

For someone who has been out of government since 2020, Barr seems to have intimate knowledge of ongoing Justice Department investigations.
It seems rather swamplike.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online libertybele

He always was part of the problem rather than the solution. His corruption continues.

The leftists still need as many corrupt politicians as they can muster to stop Trump from running in '24.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Then, obviously, McConnell remains the problem.

:yowsa:  pointing-up

And US allowing cretins (I like that word) like him to tell us who we can elect to represent us!
« Last Edit: September 06, 2022, 02:15:51 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline cato potatoe

He always was part of the problem rather than the solution. His corruption continues.

Barr may be correct this time.  Trump is extremely arrogant and petty.  If what we are told is anything close to reality, he made a point of not cooperating with DOJ requests for more than a year.  We did not need this controversy on the eve of midterm elections.  And he may extort (to use Barr's language) the Republicans into nominating him again, but this is just another reason for general election voters to choose poorly. 

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Barr may be correct this time.  Trump is extremely arrogant and petty.  If what we are told is anything close to reality, he made a point of not cooperating with DOJ requests for more than a year.  We did not need this controversy on the eve of midterm elections.  And he may extort (to use Barr's language) the Republicans into nominating him again, but this is just another reason for general election voters to choose poorly.

Here's what I can tell you @cato potatoe I've been in this political game for more than 40 years and Donald J. Trump, warts and all, moved the ball further in the direction I want it to go than any president in my 74 years of living on this earth and did it while constantly under fire from BOTH sides of the aisle!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online libertybele

So .... an ex-president is supposed to comply with his former corrupt AG?  The current AG and DOJ are corrupt.  I highly doubt what the MSM is trying to convey about Trump is accurate.  Certainly the J6 investigation was a circus.  The FBI raiding Mar A Lago months after documents were handed over to me is suspect.

Extort Republicans into nominating him again??  How so?

Who is creating the controversy?  The same leftists who were responsible for the insurrection on J6 to begin with!

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline cato potatoe

Here's what I can tell you @cato potatoe I've been in this political game for more than 40 years and Donald J. Trump, warts and all, moved the ball further in the direction I want it to go than any president in my 74 years of living on this earth and did it while constantly under fire from BOTH sides of the aisle!

Moreso than Reagan?  By what metric?  Some good things happened from 2017-2019.  Others not so much.  His final year was a complete disaster for conservatism, with the notable exception of Amy Coney Barrett.  He disparaged her after the election. 

Fact of the matter is Trump made himself less popular while in office, and has courted controversy since leaving, rather than letting Biden sink himself.  We should not be talking about an FBI raid on his home ... or an indictment.  He wanted to run again.  If the librarians want the stupid documents, just hand them over.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Moreso than Reagan?  By what metric?  Some good things happened from 2017-2019.  Others not so much.  His final year was a complete disaster for conservatism, with the notable exception of Amy Coney Barrett.  He disparaged her after the election. 

Fact of the matter is Trump made himself less popular while in office, and has courted controversy since leaving, rather than letting Biden sink himself.  We should not be talking about an FBI raid on his home ... or an indictment.  He wanted to run again.  If the librarians want the stupid documents, just hand them over.

Yes! Moreso than Reagan by every metric! Exposing the deep state alone puts him far above ALL the others IMHO! And I am not disparaging Ronald Wilson Reagan in any shape, form, or manner!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Fact of the matter is Trump made himself less popular while in office

Fact of the matter is not even coordinated voter and election fraud could completely erase Trump's rise in popularity during his first term  -- to the tune of nearly 11 million more votes in 2020 than in 2016 @cato potatoe   --- A first for an incumbent candidate for president.

Offline cato potatoe

So .... an ex-president is supposed to comply with his former corrupt AG?  The current AG and DOJ are corrupt.  I highly doubt what the MSM is trying to convey about Trump is accurate.  Certainly the J6 investigation was a circus.  The FBI raiding Mar A Lago months after documents were handed over to me is suspect.

Yes they are corrupt.  The first way to deal with corrupt policemen is to avoid them.  Why was he withholding classified material, and why did he have it in the first place?  It served no purpose, other than to spite the Biden admin.

Extort Republicans into nominating him again??  How so?

Same as 2016.  If they nominate someone else, he will run as a spoiler, or otherwise make the nomination worthless.  He does the same thing to downticket candidates who will not genuflect. 

Who is creating the controversy?  The same leftists who were responsible for the insurrection on J6 to begin with!

All he had to do was go away, let the Bidens screw everything up, and "ride to the rescue" in late 2025.  That's all he had to do. 

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Yes they are corrupt.  The first way to deal with corrupt policemen is to avoid them.  Why was he withholding classified material, and why did he have it in the first place?  It served no purpose, other than to spite the Biden admin.

Same as 2016.  If they nominate someone else, he will run as a spoiler, or otherwise make the nomination worthless.  He does the same thing to downticket candidates who will not genuflect. 

All he had to do was go away, let the Bidens screw everything up, and "ride to the rescue" in late 2025.  That's all he had to do.

Avoiding them is EXACTLY what brought us to the place in which we find ourselves @cato potatoe

Name me ONE war that has been won by avoiding the enemy!
« Last Edit: September 06, 2022, 03:19:09 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online libertybele

In 2016 Trump was hardly a spoiler; other than Cruz, he destroyed all the other candidates quite quickly.

How and why would Trump just go away when the media is still focusing on him, the leftists are out to prevent him from running again and the FBI just raided his home?  Keep in mind, that he indeed turned over documents months prior to the raid.

Just my opinion, but with Trump's following and rather large base, I highly doubt someone is going to run against him.  Mittens or some other RINO might try, but it is doubtful they will even try.  Why do you think they left (including RINO's) are so bent on getting rid of him??? He IS a threat and his supporters haven't gone away.  He is their voice.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2022, 03:19:31 pm by libertybele »

Offline cato potatoe

Fact of the matter is not even coordinated voter and election fraud could completely erase Trump's rise in popularity during his first term  -- to the tune of nearly 11 million more votes in 2020 than in 2016 @cato potatoe   --- A first for an incumbent candidate for president.

Right, but 15 million for Biden.  They had no love for the cryptkeeper --- they wanted to fire Trump.

Offline cato potatoe

Avoiding them is EXACTLY what brought us to the place in which we find ourselves @cato potatoe

Name me ONE war that has been won by avoiding the enemy!

Pick your battles.  Getting prosecuted for withholding "souvenirs" is just dumb.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Pick your battles.  Getting prosecuted for withholding "souvenirs" is just dumb.

Do you have "special" knowledge about what was there are you just regurgitating what the thoroughly corrupt media is telling you?

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Right, but 15 million for Biden.  They had no love for the cryptkeeper --- they wanted to fire Trump.

Horseshit! 100%!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Explain how Biden received these magical 15 million votes without 15 million corresponding voters.

Offline aligncare

No wonder you’re so obstinate on Trump. Now I understand you. You actually believe the 2020 election results were accurate and legitimate!

Then there’s nothing left to say if you think Americans voted en mass for Biden’s lackluster campaign of lies and issues avoidance.

Biden to the rescue!  Because Americans were sick of market gains, low inflation, jobs, cheap gas and enhanced border security. Trump was such a disaster!

Offline cato potatoe

Do you have "special" knowledge about what was there are you just regurgitating what the thoroughly corrupt media is telling you?

What was in the boxloads of crap they took from his house?  All of this was done with a political calculation.  If the contents were properly declassified, and never specifically requested, then the Biden admin looks like a bunch of thugs.  I doubt it turns out that way.

Online Hoodat

What was in the boxloads of crap they took from his house?  All of this was done with a political calculation.  If the contents were properly declassified, and never specifically requested, then the Biden admin looks like a bunch of thugs.

I had no idea that articles of clothing, passports, newspaper clippings, personal photos, the contents of lingerie drawers, etc. required "proper declassification".
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline cato potatoe

Explain how Biden received these magical 15 million votes without 15 million corresponding voters.

He didn't.  The population increased by 9 million, and turnout swelled to 62% of the VAP.  That's about where it was in the 1960s.  People were given two months to vote, with no requirement of showing up at a place they otherwise never visit, on a certain day.  Trump should have encouraged more of his people to vote by mail.  He was very fortunate the weather was good on election day.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
I had no idea that articles of clothing, passports, newspaper clippings, personal photos, the contents of lingerie drawers, etc. required "proper declassification".

You forgot personal medical records.

- J. R. R. Tolkien