Author Topic: LIVE: Excerpts from tonight’s speech by President Biden:  (Read 7207 times)

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: LIVE: Excerpts from tonight’s speech by President Biden:
« Reply #250 on: September 04, 2022, 11:08:31 am »
The Democrat paradox. Democrats desperately want to use the American Military to attack political dissidents in America, but they are scared to death to give soldiers guns and ammo in America for fear of what they will do with it. Democrats want to use soldiers to be their domestic police enforcers, however they do not trust or even like American soldiers, especially armed American soldiers.

The only solution is for the Democrats is to bring in U.N. troops to enforce their outrageous illegal 'laws'.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #251 on: September 04, 2022, 01:43:16 pm »
they are scared to death to give soldiers guns and ammo in America for fear of what they will do with it.
Heck, our soldiers in recent years have been in a lot scarier places than the USA without ammunition in their weapons. Apparently, Gen. Milley would have them respond to violence by vigorously shaking their pink feather boas in the faces of the aggressors.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Killer Clouds

« Reply #252 on: September 04, 2022, 03:52:11 pm »
The Democrat paradox. Democrats desperately want to use the American Military to attack political dissidents in America, but they are scared to death to give soldiers guns and ammo in America for fear of what they will do with it. Democrats want to use soldiers to be their domestic police enforcers, however they do not trust or even like American soldiers, especially armed American soldiers.

The only solution is for the Democrats is to bring in U.N. troops to enforce their outrageous illegal 'laws'.
Blue helmets are easy targets and do not stop rifle ammo.

Offline bilo

« Reply #253 on: September 04, 2022, 05:18:55 pm »

I used to believe this to be true, but after seeing the corruption of law enforcement I'm doubtful the military would refuse to persecute conservatives.

We like to think that if we lived through the NAZI era in Germany we would be among the very few who said no. The reality is once we begin to compromise on the small things it becomes increasingly hard to say no on the big things. Also, we become controlled by our fear. We fear losing all our possessions because we lost our jobs. We fear losing the acceptance of our neighbors because we disagreed. As a result we end up doing things we never thought we would. 

Only later do we recognize how wrong our actions were, but by then the damage has already been done.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #254 on: September 04, 2022, 09:52:43 pm »
Clouds fluffed:
"Blue helmets are easy targets and do not stop rifle ammo."

If the "blue helmets" ever come here and try to exercise power, it will be more than the military shootin' at 'em.
It will be EVERYBODY -- from the MAGA folks to the boyz in the hood...

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
« Reply #255 on: September 04, 2022, 09:56:45 pm »
I used to believe this to be true, but after seeing the corruption of law enforcement I'm doubtful the military would refuse to persecute conservatives.

We like to think that if we lived through the NAZI era in Germany we would be among the very few who said no. The reality is once we begin to compromise on the small things it becomes increasingly hard to say no on the big things. Also, we become controlled by our fear. We fear losing all our possessions because we lost our jobs. We fear losing the acceptance of our neighbors because we disagreed. As a result we end up doing things we never thought we would. 

Only later do we recognize how wrong our actions were, but by then the damage has already been done.

I agree @bilo

Offline bilo

« Reply #256 on: September 05, 2022, 01:38:30 am »
I agree @bilo

Thanks.

I think it's a hard reality to face. If we are willing to recognize it we become stronger in saying no to the small things.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #257 on: September 05, 2022, 05:04:22 pm »
It never was about Trump, he was just in the way

No, I have to disagree with you a bit on his being in the way. He was the voice for the movement...and led the fight from out front. But he is not himself "the movement", nor is he...or has he...been "in the way". Without him, the movement is still fighting for air...we needed a leader willing to take the beatings and who could deliver the movement to let it coalesce in to something more than it had been in scope and clarity. You are wrong to minimize his role in fighting back against government overlordship...in the face of brutal attacks and hatred....he took up that sword and showed us all how to fight the battle. All that said, no one man defines the movement...only we as conservative voters can do that. But we're fools if we demean those who are willing to fight on our behalf.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2022, 05:07:17 pm by Mesaclone »
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #258 on: September 05, 2022, 05:10:18 pm »
No, I have to disagree with you a bit on his being in the way. He was the voice for the movement...and led the fight from out front. But he is not himself "the movement", nor is he...or has he...been "in the way". Without him, the movement is still fighting for air...we needed a leader willing to take the beatings and who could deliver the movement to let it coalesce in to something more than it had been in scope and clarity. You are wrong to minimize his role in fighting back against government overlordship...in the face of brutal attacks and hatred....he took up that sword and showed us all how to fight the battle. All that said, no one man defines the movement...only we as conservative voters can do that. But we're fools if we demean those who are willing to fight on our behalf.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #259 on: September 05, 2022, 05:11:35 pm »
Mesaclone:
"Its not longer about Trump or leads us on the right...its about Constitutionality and freedom vs Tyranny."

But... what... if... that... "tyranny" has so permeated throughout "the government" that exists in Washington, D.C. (with all its attendant branches, agencies and departments), that trying to reclaim "freedom" from it becomes... impossible?

An old text:
"Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security."

How much in the way of "abuses and usurpations" will it take before that becomes inevitable...?

We'll cross that bridge if we must, but let's all hope we never have to. I've no desire to fight and kill my fellow Americans, nor to tear this country apart and turn us into a shattered shell...vulnerable to all those who hate us abroad. If it comes to that, we all lose more than any of us can imagine. The task of our generation and the next is to keep that from happening...not to prematurely call for blood and fire. Maybe we fail and that day comes, but I pray it does not.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2022, 05:12:51 pm by Mesaclone »

Offline Mesaclone

Offline bilo

« Reply #261 on: September 05, 2022, 05:35:54 pm »

:amen:

Well said!

Offline aligncare

« Reply #262 on: September 05, 2022, 05:46:44 pm »
@Mesaclone good point about Trump’s role in bringing us to this point in our history.

I believe that any other republican who ran in ‘16, or who may run in ‘24, could not have accomplished focusing all that was just below the surface—the ancillary issues and the reaction of the establishment to him.  In my opinion Tump is key to advancing what he began.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #263 on: September 06, 2022, 10:41:55 pm »
@Mesaclone good point about Trump’s role in bringing us to this point in our history.

I believe that any other republican who ran in ‘16, or who may run in ‘24, could not have accomplished focusing all that was just below the surface—the ancillary issues and the reaction of the establishment to him.  In my opinion Tump is key to advancing what he began.

Thanks align, and I couldn't agree more. There are a few rising GOP leaders who can take up that banner and carry it forward in time...like Desantis...but Trump still has work to do, and if he can win in '24 he'll be in a unique position to make real change. After that, the next wave of MAGA leaders like Desantis will be in a good spot to carry on his legacy...and elevate it in a way that gives it generational staying power.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2022, 10:42:48 pm by Mesaclone »

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34