Author Topic: Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot’s office calls Gov. Greg Abbott’s migrant busing strategy “racist”  (Read 412 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot’s office calls Gov. Greg Abbott’s migrant busing strategy “racist”

By WILLIAM MELHADO
Published: Sep. 1, 2022 at 11:41 AM EDT|Updated: 1 hour ago

(TEXAS TRIBUNE) - Gov. Greg Abbott announced late Wednesday that Chicago is the latest destination to which Texas will bus migrants as part of a strategy to bring attention to the influx of people arriving from the southern border. Abbott began busing thousands of migrants from Texas border communities to Washington, D.C., and New York City earlier this year.

Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot’s office called the practice of busing migrants “racist,” but affirmed the city’s commitment to welcoming the new arrivals.

Abbott’s busing strategy has so far cost the state of Texas more than $12 million before Chicago was announced as a destination.

https://www.kwtx.com/2022/09/01/chicago-mayor-lori-lightfoots-office-calls-gov-greg-abbotts-migrant-busing-strategy-racist/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Who are all these people being sent from Texas to other cities?  They can't be illegals since our POTUS has assured us the border is closed! :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Remember 5-10 years ago when being called a racist meant something?

Now we just laugh......
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline berdie

Mayor Lightfoot hurt my feelings by saying that. /s

Online GrouchoTex

One report said 60 were sent to Chicago, another said 75.
That is a drop in the bucket compared to the amount of illegals crossing the border on a daily basis.
While all these Democrat mayors cry about how mean Governor Abbott is, they mislead by leaving out 2 points that they don't want others to know.

1. The illegals are asked if they want to go to_______ and sign a waiver saying that they volunteered to do so.

2. The federal government is putting them on planes and flying them to various places around the country in the dead of night, but that is deemed to be okay by these mayors, evidently.

Online GrouchoTex

I love this statement:

KWTX EDITOR’S NOTE: The Office of Texas Governor Greg Abbott released the following statement: “President Biden’s inaction at our southern border continues putting the lives of Texans—and Americans—at risk and is overwhelming our communities. To continue providing much-needed relief to our small, overrun border towns, Chicago will join fellow sanctuary cities Washington, D.C. and New York City as an additional drop-off location. Mayor Lightfoot loves to tout the responsibility of her city to welcome all regardless of legal status, and I look forward to seeing this responsibility in action as these migrants receive resources from a sanctuary city with the capacity to serve them.”

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Beetlejuice needs to accommodate her fair share of immigrants.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Kamaji