Author Topic: Greenland Just Gained A Record-Smashing 7 Gigatons Of Snow/Ice  (Read 142 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Greenland Just Gained A Record-Smashing 7 Gigatons Of Snow/Ice
« on: September 01, 2022, 04:17:36 pm »
WRITTEN BY ELECTROVERSE ON SEP 1, 2022. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

Greenland Just Gained A Record-Smashing 7 Gigatons Of Snow/Ice

Impressive surface mass balance (SMB) readings–a calculation to determine the ‘health’ of a glacier––have been posted across the Greenland ice sheet all season, particularly during the so-called summer ‘melt’ season.

Case in point is August 29’s record-smashing 7 Gigaton GAIN — a reading that would be impressive at this time of year, but one that has entered the books as the largest ever daily gain during the summer (with data extending back to the 1980s).

This unprecedented August GAIN has advanced the ice sheet’s SMB further above 1981-2010 mean (grey line)

Greenland continues to defy AGW Party orders, refusing to melt as prophesied.

And this year is far from an anomaly — since 2016, an overall net gain has been observed:

https://climatechangedispatch.com/greenland-just-gained-a-record-smashing-7-gigatons-of-snow-ice/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson