Author Topic: First Woman to Serve as 'Chief of the Boat' on a Submarine Reports for Duty  (Read 351 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
First Woman to Serve as 'Chief of the Boat' on a Submarine Reports for Duty

31 Aug 2022
Military.com | By Konstantin Toropin

The Navy's submarine community has announced a new historic first for women in the silent service: the first top enlisted sailor on a submarine.

In a statement released Wednesday, the Navy announced that Master Chief Information Systems Technician (Submarine) Angela Koogler joined the Gold crew of ballistic missile submarine USS Louisiana as their Chief of the Boat on Aug. 22, 2022.

Koogler, who has been in the Navy for 20 years, remarked that both her journey and that of female sailors is far from over. "We need to keep breaking down the barriers so that it just becomes all Sailors," she said in the statement. "It's important to integrate everybody and it shouldn't matter as long as they get the job done."

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2022/08/31/first-woman-serve-chief-of-boat-submarine-reports-duty.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
Re: First Woman to Serve as 'Chief of the Boat' on a Submarine Reports for Duty
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2022, 07:04:01 pm »
 *****rollingeyes*****
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2022, 07:14:50 pm »
Well, not as ground breaking as the first menstruating man. But, I’ll give her props.  :beer:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2022, 01:53:38 am »
Yeah,what could possibly go wrong with having mixed crews of males and females living and working together on subs that might stay submerged and on patrol for months at a time?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2022, 02:00:12 am »

Koogler, who has been in the Navy for 20 years, remarked that both her journey and that of female sailors is far from over. "We need to keep breaking down the barriers so that it just becomes all Sailors," she said in the statement. "It's important to integrate everybody and it shouldn't matter as long as they get the job done."

Great, now we know how she got the job. Wokism takes the prize.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2022, 02:01:15 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2022, 05:06:58 am »
Yeah,what could possibly go wrong with having mixed crews of males and females living and working together on subs that might stay submerged and on patrol for months at a time?
I recall a Psychology Today study from my college days that showed women in close quarters synchronize their cycles around a dominant woman....
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis