Author Topic: Fetterman on Why He Declined Debate, Whether There Will Be One Before Election: I’ll ‘Engage’ in Tal  (Read 331 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Fetterman on Why He Declined Debate, Whether There Will Be One Before Election: I’ll ‘Engage’ in Talks When There’s ‘Serious Conversation’

Ian Hanchett 31 Aug 2022

During an interview aired on Wednesday’s broadcast of MSNBC’s “11th Hour,” Pennsylvania Lt. Gov. and U.S. Senate candidate John Fetterman (D) responded to a question on why he turned down his Republican opponent, Dr. Mehmet Oz’s invitation to debate and if the two will debate before the election by stating he’ll “engage” when the Oz campaign has “a serious conversation” but “right now, the fact that they have chosen to have a deeply unserious campaign to just ridicule somebody that is just recovering from a stroke.”

Host Stephanie Ruhle asked, “You turned down Dr. Oz’s invitation to debate. What made you come to that decision? And do you think you’ll debate him before the election?”

Fetterman responded, “Again, as I just said, this is just a sad approach at this point, because they’re trying to not focus on the condition of their campaign right now. And when they want to get into a serious conversation and really talk about having a debate, I’d be happy to engage in that. But right now, the fact that they have chosen to have a deeply unserious campaign to just ridicule somebody that is just recovering from a stroke.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/08/31/fetterman-on-why-he-declined-debate-whether-there-will-be-one-before-election-ill-engage-in-talks-when-theres-serious-conversation/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
Oz needs to get serious about revealing the truth about Fetterman's radicalism.  He is running attack ads, but I think he needs to trot out victims from the many crimes that were committed by the early parolees that Fetterman released when he headed the Parole board.

One Oz ad quotes Fetterman as saying he "wants to release as many as possible" but he needs to bring home the consequences, and show the victims of this policy. Let the victims tell their personal stories about what these rapists and murderers have done to them thanks to Fetterman releasing dangerous people from jail.

Also, I hope Trump puts some of the victims on stage when he comes for his rally.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I’ll ‘Engage’ in Talks When There’s ‘Serious Conversation’   my stroke addled mind allows me to make  complete sentences.

(corrected for accuracy)
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online mountaineer

He's still far from being able to form complete and coherent sentences. Pathetic.
What is wrong with demanding for an easy, safe kind of their income? A path to a safe place for them to win? Or, excuse me, to work?

https://twitter.com/FreeBeacon/status/1565077974675869696
« Last Edit: September 01, 2022, 02:39:38 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online rustynail

Can't you people understand?  The "big old boy"  is a survivor in recovery so give hime some space.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
John Fetterman's campaign says his stroke recovery has complicated his ability to debate Dr Oz because he struggles with 'auditory processing' after Democrat previously said he was slurring words

Pennsylvania Democratic Senate hopeful John Fetterman's campaign said his stroke has complicated his ability to debate against Republican Dr. Mehmet Oz
    While Fetterman is able to engage one-on-one with voters, he has more difficulty chaotic auditory environments, according to The Washington Post
    'We are working to figure out what a fair debate would look like with the lingering impacts of the auditory processing in mind,' a campaign strategist said
    On Tuesday, Fetterman said he would not be attending an early September debate, blasting Oz and his campaign for mocking a stroke survivor 

By Nikki Schwab, Senior U.S. Political Reporter

Published: 14:52 EDT, 1 September 2022 | Updated: 14:55 EDT, 1 September 2022

Pennsylvania Democratic Senate hopeful John Fetterman's campaign said Wednesday night that his stroke has complicated his ability to participate in a debate against Republican candidate, Dr. Mehmet Oz.

While Fetterman is able to engage one-on-one with voters - and has resumed campaign travel - he has more difficulty chaotic auditory environments, according to The Washington Post. 

'We are working to figure out what a fair debate would look like with the lingering impacts of the auditory processing in mind,' Fetterman campaign strategist Rebecca Katz the paper. 'To be absolutely clear, the occasional issues he is having with auditory processing have no bearing on his ability to do the job as senator.

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11170541/Fettermans-campaign-says-stroke-recovery-complicated-ability-debate-Dr-Oz.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34