Author Topic: UN weather agency predicts rare ‘triple-dip’ La Nina in 2022  (Read 240 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
UN weather agency predicts rare ‘triple-dip’ La Nina in 2022
« on: September 01, 2022, 11:40:04 am »

Yesterday 6:55 AM

The United Nations weather agency predicts the phenomenon known as La Nina is poised to last through the end of this year, a mysterious “triple dip” – the first this century – caused by three straight years of its effect on climate patterns such as drought and flooding worldwide.

The World Meteorological Organization (WMO) on Wednesday said La Nina conditions, which involve a large-scale cooling of ocean surface temperatures, have strengthened in the eastern and central equatorial Pacific with an increase in trade winds in recent weeks.

A natural and cyclical cooling of parts of the equatorial Pacific, La Nina changes weather patterns worldwide and is usually associated with wetter conditions in some parts of the world, and drier conditions in others.

The better-known El Nino – an opposite phenomenon – is associated with warming in parts of the world.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/topstories/un-weather-agency-predicts-rare-triple-dip-la-nina-in-2022/ar-AA11jfXt?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=812865afe55b40eac30103b26deacc4d
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: UN weather agency predicts rare ‘triple-dip’ La Nina in 2022
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2022, 11:42:08 am »
Obviously, the WHO was caught with their pants down on this.  Yet they can tell us, beyond the shadow of a doubt, what the weather will be like in 20 years? *****rollingeyes*****
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rustynail

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2022, 11:45:16 am »
                                                                                        In honor of Our President and his love for Ice Cream.   

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2022, 03:14:23 pm »
I have lived in a desert since 1980, first the Sonoran Desert and now the Mojave. 

Ninos and ninas just blow right past me so I rarely get any rain either way.  I've had 1.39" at the Castillo all year, which is normal here.  The Mojave is much hotter and drier than the Sonoran.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: