Author Topic: ‘Wooden’ HIMARS vs real Russian Kalibr – that’s what WP claims  (Read 159 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
‘Wooden’ HIMARS vs real Russian Kalibr – that’s what WP claims
By TOC on August 30, 2022

WASHINGTON — Ukraine’s defense forces are using wooden decoys in the form of HIMARS for Russian troops to launch long-range cruise missiles to destroy them. This is reported by The Washington Post.

The publication notes that the wooden replicas cannot be distinguished from a real artillery battery, especially through the lens of the drone. “When UAVs see a battery, it looks like a VIP target,” a senior Ukrainian official said.

It is noted that after several weeks of using decoys it was possible to “take out” at least 10 “Kalibr” cruise missiles. This success led Ukraine to expand the production of copies. This is one of many asymmetric tactics used by Ukraine to gain an advantage over the enemy.

The publication also emphasizes that the destruction of such copies of HIMARS may explain the unusually high number of systems “destroyed” by the Russians. They regularly report this in their General Staff briefs. “They claimed to have hit more HIMARS than we even sent,” noted one US diplomat.

https://bulgarianmilitary.com/amp/2022/08/30/wooden-himars-vs-real-russian-kalibr-thats-what-wp-claims/
« Last Edit: August 31, 2022, 12:43:43 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: ‘Wooden’ HIMARS vs real Russian Kalibr – that’s what WP claims
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2022, 01:17:19 pm »
Deception is a serious part of war. Suddenly the expenditure of an expensive missile may not be a good investment after all. happy77
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis