Author Topic: Unexplained 'Drone Swarm' Caught On Camera Over U.S. Navy's Most Advanced Ship  (Read 109 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Unexplained 'Drone Swarm' Caught On Camera Over U.S. Navy's Most Advanced Ship
The footage has not yet been explained. At least, not publicly.

By
Ed Mazza
Aug 31, 2022, 03:40 AM EDT

New footage from the U.S. Navy shows a drone swarm of unknown origin flying over the USS Zumwalt, a highly sensitive “stealth destroyer” in the waters off California in April 2019.

The video, obtained by The War Zone via the Freedom of Information Act, features a sailor describing a set of lights from six drones above the USS Zumwalt as he filmed the encounter:

No official explanation has been offered about the incident, which All Hands ― an official Navy website ― has called “the largest and most technologically advanced surface combatant in the world.” Critics derided it as a failure after a series of problems ― and at $4.4 billion to develop, a costly one.

The incident documented in the video was one of several “drone swarm” events around U.S. Navy ships that took place in 2019.

“I am aware of those sightings, and as it’s been reported, there have been other sightings by aviators in the air and by other ships not only of the United States, but other nations — and of course other elements within the U.S. joint force,” Adm. Michael Gilday, chief of naval operations, said last year, per NBC News. “Those findings have been collected and they still are being analyzed.”

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/us-navy-drone-swarm-video_n_630ed448e4b0da54bae3d2ba
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson