Author Topic: BREAKING: California's grid operator says "excessive heat starting tomorrow will stress energy grid"  (Read 2169 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
good luck charging you Ev's.. :pop41:
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Good thing that democrats like Moonbeam poured all that money into an assinine bullet train to nowhere instead of the electrical grid and water projects and Noisome is just as stupid pouring all our tax dollars into illegal aliens who put even more strain on the grid and water resources rather than into the grid and water projects like desalination plants. So here we are again with our normal heat patterns for this time of year and it's panic time again.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Don’t Charge that Electric Vehicle: California Braces for Energy Shortage Thru Labor Day

Joel B. Pollak 31 Aug 2022
California will suffer an energy shortage and “Flex Alerts” through Labor Day due to high temperatures, and residents will be asked to conserve electricity during afternoons and evenings, which means refraining from charging electric vehicles, among other uses.

The Sacramento Bee reported Tuesday:

Hoping to avoid blackouts, the California Independent System Operator, which manages the state’s power grid, warned Tuesday that it probably will issue a series of Flex Alerts over the next several days. Flex Alerts are voluntary calls for conservation during the afternoon and evening hours, when energy use tends to soar. Residents will be asked to turn up their thermostats to 78 degrees or higher, avoid using dishwashers or other large appliances, and hold off on charging their electric vehicles, all during the 4-9 p.m. time frame.

Already, the grid manager has issues a “restricted maintenance operations” notice starting Wednesday — a directive telling power generators and transmission line operators to delay routine maintenance that would take generating or transmission equipment offline.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/economy/2022/08/31/dont-charge-that-electric-vehicle-california-braces-for-energy-shortage-thru-labor-day/
Support the USO

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
And sadly watch the MSM downplay the true rootcause.

I guess these same blackouts will hit the SE CA area which sees 110+ degree weather easily this time of the year.  Our best to those folks trying to stay cool.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Kamaji

:facepalm2:

Welcome to life in a third-world country.  When I was little we lived in a few of those, and power was routinely disrupted, just like in Cali.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
:facepalm2:

Welcome to life in a third-world country.  When I was little we lived in a few of those, and power was routinely disrupted, just like in Cali.

Modern life has changed us so much. 

I can remember as a kid not even having AC in humid SE Texas, SW Louisiana summers.  Didn't faze me or make uncomfortable in the least.

Then in 2005, with RITA, I saw how it could be 3 weeks without power, and the level of misery was off the charts.

Not sure how well modern society will fare without a dependable electrical grid.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online andy58-in-nh

First World wealth. Third World quality of life.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Kamaji

Well, eventually they are going to get third world wealth as well - small pockets of the uber wealthy surrounded by large swathes of the impoverished.

There is a lot of money in the Third World, it's just held by a few limited number of families in each country.

Offline Millee

Welcome to your "new normal" CA!  :elephant:

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
Well, eventually they are going to get third world wealth as well - small pockets of the uber wealthy surrounded by large swathes of the impoverished.

History will record that exact moment that house of cards falls.....   

"The day the world decouples from $USD as reference currency" 

When that happens, metals an other commodities will soar, and the world will realize that the U.S. has no good faith in backing its currency.  US Bond markets will collapse, as people and countries scramble to get pennies on the dollar for their T-bonds and T- Bills.

And in turn a castrophically poorer U.S. will be struggling for the basics, as U.S. equitiies collapse dueto not only lack of demand for the investment, but also lack of demand for their products.

3rd world status will be an upgrade.  Remember the Mad Max movies?  Our irresponsible government has brought us to the precipices of this dystopia economic world.

Offline GtHawk

And sadly watch the MSM downplay the true rootcause.

I guess these same blackouts will hit the SE CA area which sees 110+ degree weather easily this time of the year.  Our best to those folks trying to stay cool.
My grandson just started HS and is playing football, today they are playing their first game away at Lake Elsinore, CA in Riverside county where it supposed to be around 110. Nothing like boys from the beach where 90 is a really hot day playing kids used to temps in the 100's, I don't think it will end well for our grandsons team **nononono*

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Sadly this happened in Texas too right? Early summer?

Online DB

They've got the shortages covered. They just turn the power off due to the fire risk because it is hot... So the "cause" won't be a lack of power generation...

Offline GtHawk

They've got the shortages covered. They just turn the power off due to the fire risk because it is hot... So the "cause" won't be a lack of power generation...
Well since the green weenies and the state won't let them trim trees and clear brush, if the winds are blowing along with heat and dry conditions they should shut it down in those areas and the people living there should have savvy enough by now to pick up generators for when they do.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Million Dollar Idea:

Concierge electricity providers ... private companies that generate and distribute electricity on an isolated private grid for corporate customers and private homeowner associations.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Modern life has changed us so much. 

I can remember as a kid not even having AC in humid SE Texas, SW Louisiana summers.  Didn't faze me or make uncomfortable in the least.

Then in 2005, with RITA, I saw how it could be 3 weeks without power, and the level of misery was off the charts.

Not sure how well modern society will fare without a dependable electrical grid.
Yeah, I recall working in 100+ degree heat and 99% relative humidity as a kid on the farm, and on jobs in High School. Air conditioning was the reason to go to the movies (a 25 mile drive) or to a local restaurant, where we stood out like penny stinkers at the Globe among the tourists (who even had air conditioning in their cars!) but were tolerated just fine a long as we behaved and bought something...

We survived, venting hot air out the attic at night with a big fan, and pulling in the cool air through the house, then closing up the house in the morning until things started cooling off at night, but mostly, we were off in the river or doing something around the farm.

Nowadays, people just aren't cut from the same cloth, and the cities always had it rough when it got hot out.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Better stream The Waltons, if you can find it.

Quality of life isn't wholly dependent on gadgets.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Better stream The Waltons, if you can find it.

Quality of life isn't wholly dependent on gadgets.

I've been watching some series on Youtube. It makes me rethink the idea that the Third World is all bad in terms of quality of life. Urban is probably bad yes, but rural life seems like the kind of things people pine for day after day on these forums. I'll have to find the videos. One was a traveler who spent some time in a rural village in China, then in Mexico. The people live simply but beautifully, they work hard, but appear healthy. The people aren't spending their days watching TV or on the internet or playing video, because well, they don't have electricity. They have to work like it's the middle ages basically.

But they appear pretty happy to me.  :shrug:

Offline rustynail

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
22,000 Colorado Households Lose Control of Their Home Thermostats During Heat Wave as Power Company Locks Out Air Conditioning Use

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/blog/2022/09/01/22000-colorado-households-lose-control-of-their-home-thermostats-during-heat-wave-as-power-company-locks-out-air-conditioning-use/

There is nothing wrong with your thermostat. Do not attempt to adjust the temperature. We are controlling transmission. If we wish to make it warmer, we will bring up the heat. If we wish to make it cooler, we will tune on the A/C.  You are about to participate in a great adventure. You are about to experience the awe and mystery which reaches from the inner mind to... The Outer Limits.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline mountaineer

Watch: Morano on Newsmax TV on California car ban: ‘This is the planned rationing of vehicles’ – ‘They have energy shortages, food shortages, now they want vehicle shortages’ – Calif. borrows Cuban & East German policies
Newsmax TV - Broadcast August 28, 2022

Morano: "This is the planned rationing of vehicles. The planned rationing of American cars. That's the only way this plan makes sense ... the only result is going to be shortages of cars and a completely altered used car market. You can look to Cuba to find out what it's like to have a raging used car market because that's what we're looking at here. And you can look to old East Germany. East Germany had their famed Trabant car, where people would have to get on waiting lists for years to get one and that's what we're faced with here when the government is going to mandate you can only buy a new electric car. ...  More at Climate Depot
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline DefiantMassRINO

This is why I prefer my household appliances to be as dumb as I am.

The electric company would have to send a person (or cyborg from the future) to my house to adjust the thermostat.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
This is why I prefer my household appliances to be as dumb as I am.

The electric company would have to send a person (or cyborg from the future) to my house to adjust the thermostat.

Same here. I made sure I told my last HVAC guy that I absolutely did not want a wifi enabled or capable thermostat.