Author Topic: Forecasters watching 4 areas for tropical development in Atlantic ahead of Labor Day  (Read 1186 times)

Offline Kamaji

Forecasters watching 4 areas for tropical development in Atlantic ahead of Labor Day

By Allie Griffin
August 30, 2022

The National Hurricane Center is monitoring four disturbances in the Atlantic that can develop into tropical storms — and even hurricanes — ahead of Labor Day weekend.

The center is actively watching the formations that could impact the US following the least active start of the Atlantic hurricane season in 30 years.

Weather forecasters are paying closest attention to a system developing over the central Atlantic Ocean that has the greatest probability of the four formations to become the next named storm — Danielle.

“Although environmental conditions are only marginally conducive, some gradual development of this system is expected over the next several days and a tropical depression is likely to form later this week,” the National Hurricane Center stated in a tropical weather outlook report.

The center gave the system a 50% chance of advancing into a tropical system within the next 48 hours and an 80% chance of formation within the next five days.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2022/08/30/labor-day-forecast-shows-4-areas-with-tropical-development/

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Thankfully, at first glance they look like "fish storms"

Of course, that could change.  :cool:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision

It's been quiet. Unusually quiet.

This after the experts predicted above-average hurricanes. Even well into this month, they insisted "we're sticking by our predictions! Peak hurricane season isn't until September. There's still time!"

Yet now, still, nothing.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline libertybele

Yes things could change and right now all the climate forecasters that called for an above average hurricane center are making up all kinds of excuses with the one I most often here right now, is that we are not yet at the peak of hurricane season.  The peak of hurricane season is September 10.

The leftists/Greenies want massive hurricanes and flooding so that they can point to climate change and the need to go green.

Our flood insurance doubled.  We've never lived in a flood zone the entire time we've lived in the area; now 30 years.  Our insurance doubled because they have predicted that within the next 50 years we are likely prone to flooding!   888mouth
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

The theme of the 2022 Atlantic Hurricane Season has seen storms struggling to develop, and it’s now been 58 days since we’ve seen our last named storm, which was Tropical Storm Colin all the way back in early July.

It looks likely we’ll go August without a hurricane for the first time since 2013, and the first August without a named storm at all since 1997.

https://www.winknews.com/2022/08/30/could-we-go-august-without-a-named-storm/

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
The theme of the 2022 Atlantic Hurricane Season has seen storms struggling to develop, and it’s now been 58 days since we’ve seen our last named storm, which was Tropical Storm Colin all the way back in early July.

It looks likely we’ll go August without a hurricane for the first time since 2013, and the first August without a named storm at all since 1997.

https://www.winknews.com/2022/08/30/could-we-go-august-without-a-named-storm/
Must be Trumps fault for not  initiating the green new deal, this must be because of ... climate change :silly: :silly:

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Brief update....

About 90% of the models have 91L  about 800 miles east of the Windward Islands continuing for at least 24 hours to move west.

(1) About 90% of the models are doing the fish storm curve north of Puerto Rico.

(2) Consensus on strength is that this thing will develop into a Hurricane, generally as a Strong Cat 1.

(3)  There are some outliers that have it impacting The Bahamas in about 7 days. Past there...  (???)
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Now's a good time to review your disaster preparedness checklists.

By the time you need to get milk, bread, and batteries, the stores are out of milk, bread, and batteries.

Government Disaster Preparedness Website:  https://www.ready.gov/
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline cato potatoe

I don't remember a year this quiet.  We are nearly halfway done with storm season.  Supposedly, climate change was going to limit the African dust plumes.  The Atlantic has been a giant dust bowl all summer.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
They (The scientific community,,cough cough) hates it when their predictions of "a record number of named storms" has less accuracy than the Famers Almanac. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
I would love it if there was not another named storm for the rest of the season.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I would love it if there was not another named storm for the rest of the season.

Not gonna happen.  They will make one up
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.