Author Topic: The US military is running low on ammo after sending so much to Ukraine  (Read 248 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The US military is running low on ammo after sending so much to Ukraine
The Pentagon is trying to find other ways to send munitions.

BY NICHOLAS SLAYTON | PUBLISHED AUG 29, 2022 5:42 PM

If there was ever a doubt that the United States has been supplying significant amounts of weapons to Ukraine to help it counter the Russian invasion, consider this: the Pentagon is starting to run low on ammo.

Since the war in Ukraine broke out, the United States has been steadily sending weapons and ammunition to Kyiv, but not doing enough to replenish its stockpile, the Wall Street Journal reported today.

The Wall Street Journal, citing an unnamed Pentagon official, reported that there are “uncomfortably low” levels of 155mm Howitzer munitions in the military’s stockpile. How low? Well, apparently the U.S. has sent as much as 806,000 rounds of 155mm ammunition to Kyiv and what’s left has the DoD worried.

“It is not at the level we would like to go into combat,” the unnamed defense official told the Wall Street Journal, regarding the 155mm supplies.

Although some weapons given to Kyiv have been from excess supplies, many of the weapons and ammo are also being used by the United States currently. The big one, the 155mm ammo used for the M777 howitzer, is a staple of the American military, and was used this past week during a major firefight in Syria.

https://taskandpurpose.com/news/ukraine-pentagon-ammunition-shortage/ :chairbang:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: The US military is running low on ammo after sending so much to Ukraine
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2022, 12:07:53 pm »
I don't imagine this includes the deep losses to our strategic oil reserves, part of which Biden sent to China. :im waiting:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2022, 09:26:24 pm »
Army's low on ammo?
Call the IRS... they've got tons to spare.

Offline rustynail

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2022, 09:41:14 pm »
No problem just change the ROI.