Author Topic: Musk: Without oil and gas, 'civilization will crumble'  (Read 201 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Musk: Without oil and gas, 'civilization will crumble'
« on: August 30, 2022, 12:41:50 am »
Musk: Without oil and gas, 'civilization will crumble'

Speaking at an energy conference in Stavanger, Norway, on August 29, Tesla CEO Elon Musk reiterated a claim that he made earlier this year: "I think we need to use oil and gas in the short term, because otherwise civilization will crumble."

Amid an energy crisis in Europe — which some anticipate will get much worse in the winter — high gas prices, and a grid rendered more unstable in the U.S. by reliance on so-called sustainable energy, Musk claimed that "we actually need more oil and gas, not less."

Though he indicated that "we have a clear path to a sustainable energy future," it is not a path that can be tread quickly. Musk said the transition "will take some decades to complete."

That transition is by no means a simple or an easy one. The Tesla CEO noted that it is one "of the biggest challenges the world has ever faced."

Musk's theme of civilizational collapse as a response to a premature transition off of fossil fuels is taken up in scientist and policy analyst Vaclav Smil's recent book "How the World Really Works." Although Smil discusses the impact more broadly, he zeroes in on our food supply's link to fossil fuels: "Our food supply — be it staple grains, clucking birds, favorite vegetables, or seafood praised for its nutritious quality — has become increasingly dependent on fossil fuels." ...............

https://www.theblaze.com/news/musk-without-oil-and-gas-civilization-will-crumble
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Musk: Without oil and gas, 'civilization will crumble'
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2022, 12:53:02 am »
Stop oil and gas production today, and in ten years, there will be no need for windmills or solar farms, because the very devices which run on electricity will no longer function, nor have surfaces on which to operate.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Re: Musk: Without oil and gas, 'civilization will crumble'
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2022, 01:46:43 am »
Stop oil and gas production today, and in ten years, there will be no need for windmills or solar farms, because the very devices which run on electricity will no longer function, nor have surfaces on which to operate.

Reality check.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.