Author Topic: NYC struggling to house busloads of migrants as hotel, intake center plan falls apart  (Read 366 times)

Offline Kamaji

NYC struggling to house busloads of migrants as hotel, intake center plan falls apart

By Nolan Hicks and Bernadette Hogan
August 28, 2022

Overwhelmed city officials are struggling to provide a promised intake center and hotel rooms to migrants being shipped by the busload from Texas to the Big Apple, The Post has learned.

The Department of Homeless Services acknowledged to The Post that it has abandoned its initial plan to operate an intake and processing center dedicated to the recent arrivals alongside a 600-room shelter at the ROW NYC hotel on Eighth Avenue in Midtown.

Officials would only say Sunday that they have finally selected a finalist to operate the yet-to-open Manhattan facility but would not reveal the contractor’s name or its location.

Contracting documents obtained by The Post show that officials had hoped to have the Midtown shelter and intake up and running as soon as Aug. 15 — now 13 days ago.

DHS also admitted that it has yet to select and rent any of the 5,000 hotel rooms the agency said it is seeking to house migrants across the city.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2022/08/28/nyc-yet-to-open-promised-intake-center-migrant-only-shelters/

Offline Kamaji

And that's with just a few busloads of illegal aliens who voluntarily chose to come to NYC.  What a sh*tshow.

Offline BellyAche

NYC is not being very transparent with this, no surprise. All I've read is that they're trying to find 5,000 more hotel rooms. But where??? Will they release a list if these "rental"  locations? City residents would like to know. Crime in the city is already going up. And we're going to have more "wandering souls" out and about!  *****rollingeyes*****
Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. - Theodore Roosevelt

Online DefiantMassRINO

Why doesn't NYC bus them to Washington, DC?

Who says its the responsibility of NYC and NY State taxpayers to subsidize the Federal Government's failed immigration policy and enforcement?

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Kamaji

Perhaps they should bus them all to Katonah, NY, where Geo. Soros can put them up, at his personal expense.

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Throw the United Nitwits out of New York and turn the building into a big hotel for illegal immigrants.  If they still don't have enough room, seize all the homes of the UN employees and convert them into homes for illegals.  If they had to, they could seize the Empire State building and make a hotel of it.  If people complain too much, they could try stopping illegals at the border. :pondering:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson