Author Topic: Navy addresses chain of command for surface ship fires  (Read 267 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Navy addresses chain of command for surface ship fires
« on: August 29, 2022, 10:00:11 am »

Navy addresses chain of command for surface ship fires
Change comes after confusion during 2020 Bonhomme Richard fire response
By Megan Eckstein
 Thursday, Aug 25

WASHINGTON — The U.S. Navy is clarifying the chain of command for fires and other emergencies that occur while ships are in port for maintenance, the head of the surface navy said, after uncertainty about who was in charge contributed to ineffective firefighting efforts on former amphibious assault ship Bonhomme Richard.

Commander of Naval Surface Forces Vice Adm. Roy Kitchener told reporters the surface community is investing in fire safety, including paying for additional training and hiring more fire safety officers. One of the most prominent changes is clearly identifying which leader on the waterfront would take charge of the situation if a fire or other emergency arose.

That responsibility will now rest with Kitchener, in his role as commander of Naval Surface Force Pacific, and Rear Adm. Brendan McLane as the commander of Naval Surface Force Atlantic. Each admiral will identify an executive agent for each fleet concentration area under their command — Mayport, Fla., for example, or Everett, Wash. — who would execute that authority when the admiral is not physically present.

https://www.defensenews.com/naval/2022/08/25/navy-addresses-chain-of-command-for-surface-ship-fires/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Navy addresses chain of command for surface ship fires
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2022, 09:11:45 pm »
They have only been doing this since the early 1800's,so it's easy to understand why nobody seems to know who is in command and the responsible party ,huh?

Anybody else think they are looking for a scapegoat to take the blame?

Maybe someone close to retirement that could use a little spending money to add to his retirement check?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2022, 09:36:02 pm »

Don't forget anxious arsonist shipyard workers  ...

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/03/15/nuclear-submarine-fire/1990663/
Man who set fire to nuclear submarine gets 17 years
AP

- Casey Fury, 25, wanted to get off the submarine due to anxiety
    - Fury set a fire which injured 7 and caused $450M in damage
    - He was sentenced to 205 months in federal prison

PORTLAND, Maine (AP) — A shipyard worker who set fire to rags aboard a nuclear submarine because he wanted to go home was sentenced to a little more than 17 years in federal prison Friday for the blaze that transformed the vessel into a fiery furnace, injured seven people and caused $450 million in damage.

Casey James Fury also was ordered to pay $400 million in restitution...
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2022, 03:48:57 pm »
Don't forget anxious arsonist shipyard workers  ...

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/03/15/nuclear-submarine-fire/1990663/
Man who set fire to nuclear submarine gets 17 years
AP

- Casey Fury, 25, wanted to get off the submarine due to anxiety
    - Fury set a fire which injured 7 and caused $450M in damage
    - He was sentenced to 205 months in federal prison

PORTLAND, Maine (AP) — A shipyard worker who set fire to rags aboard a nuclear submarine because he wanted to go home was sentenced to a little more than 17 years in federal prison Friday for the blaze that transformed the vessel into a fiery furnace, injured seven people and caused $450 million in damage.

Casey James Fury also was ordered to pay $400 million in restitution...

@DefiantMassRINO

Not a problem. He should easily be able to pay that off from all the wages he will earn in prison over the next couple of decades. After all,he won't be paying rent,utilities,taxes,etc,etc,etc like the rest of us.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!