Author Topic: Democrats warned to deny backing 'amnesty' ahead of midterms: report  (Read 172 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Democrats warned to deny backing 'amnesty' ahead of midterms: report
Democrats pushed multiple amnesty proposals in 2021
By Adam Shaw | Fox News

Biden admin has ‘no intentions of securing border’: Former Border Patrol chief

Former Border Patrol chief Rodney Scott tells ‘Fox News Live’ that the Biden administration is taking ‘no action’ on securing the southern border.

Democrats are reportedly being warned to deny that they favor "open borders" and "amnesty" on the thorny subject of immigration and the ongoing crisis at the southern border, as they gear up for what could be a difficult midterm fight for many candidates.

Politico reports that the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee is recommending strategies to endangered lawmakers as they hope to avoid a barrage of attacks from Republicans on a variety of issues from defunding the police to critical race theory, in addition to immigration.

Included in the documents Politico viewed were moves to rebut GOP talking points. The strategy reportedly included this tip: Democratic should deny support for "open borders or amnesty" and instead talk about their efforts to keep the border safe.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/democrats-warned-amnesty-midterms
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Re: Democrats warned to deny backing 'amnesty' ahead of midterms: report
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2022, 03:28:16 pm »
Any decent candidate should be able to blow this out of the water.
The Republic is lost.