Author Topic: Reproductive Medicine's Ethical Failure  (Read 98 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Reproductive Medicine's Ethical Failure
« on: August 28, 2022, 02:39:53 pm »
August 28, 2022
Reproductive Medicine's Ethical Failure
By Peter Michael Bleyer, M.D.

“Primum non nocere,” above all do no harm, was the American medical ethics standard in 1965, on the eve of widespread contraceptive use.  However, preventing implantation of a newly fertilized ovum in the uterus, one of the lesser modes of action of the birth control pill, sounded ethically troublesome to the obstetricians of the time.  With ethics not quite as motivating as that nice Corvette, the American medical establishment simply changed the definition of conception from fertilization to implantation of the new life into the uterus, ignoring the first six days of human life in the fallopian tube, and making the pill easier to market to consumers.  This medical ethics malpractice dishonored the physician and ushered in a more lucrative vision for the reproductive system. Today, after 60 years of ethical disinterest, reproductive healthcare has become the wild west of American medicine, in which money talks, morals walk, and sex is big business.

As a family physician, I am expected to prescribe risk-filled medications and surgical procedures designed to prevent the healthy function of my patient’s reproductive organ system and/or to destroy its end products.  I am supposed to help my patients arrange gender-affirming surgeries that permanently mutilate their reproductive anatomy and deny them the chance for natural children.  I am instructed, as it relates to reproductive medicine, to ignore my experience and knowledge and follow blindly the orders given by an often underaged, immature, anxiety riddled patient with minimal medical knowledge. For the body’s ten other organ systems it is not so.  Ivermectin, for example, a medication with minimal side effects (unless taken at doses for horses), may not be prescribed because the level to which it improves function of the immunologic organ system is not sufficient to please the authorities.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2022/08/reproductive_medicines_ethical_failure.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34