Author Topic: Biden: ‘Assault Weapons’ Will Be Banned if Democrats Pick Up 2 Senate Seats in November  (Read 935 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden: ‘Assault Weapons’ Will Be Banned if Democrats Pick Up 2 Senate Seats in November

AWR Hawkins 26 Aug 2022

At a rally Thursday night in Rockville, Maryland, Joe Biden said “assault weapons” will be banned if Democrats pick up two more Senate seats in November.

The Washington Post quoted Biden saying, “I want to be crystal clear about what’s on the ballot this year…Your right to choose is on the ballot this year. The Social Security you paid for from the time you had a job is on the ballot. The safety of our kids from gun violence is on the ballot.”

He later added, “If we elect two more senators, we keep the House … we’re going to get a lot of unfinished business done.”

Biden indicated that banning “assault weapons” is part of the Democrats’ unfinished business:

https://twitter.com/Breaking911/status/1562968595977875460

On October 17, 2020, Breitbart News reported that then-Democrat presidential nominee Joe Biden proposed a gun control policy which included a provision requiring that every AR-15 rifle be registered under the National Firearms Act of 1934. Unless there were some form of carve-out, this could mandate that American gun owners pay a $200 federal tax for each AR-15 they own.

At that time, the National Rifle Association’s Andrew Arulanandam told Breitbart News that the “low end” estimate of privately-owned AR-15s in the United States was 18 million. A tax of $200 on 18 million AR-15s meant gun owners could have potentially been required to pay a collective $3.6 billion in taxes, had the Democrats secured the legislation.

On July 21, 2o22, Breitbart News pointed to National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF) numbers showing there are more AR/AK-style firearms in circulation “than Ford F-Series trucks on the road.”

An NSSF press release sent to Breitbart News indicated the estimated number of AR/AK-Style firearms in circulation is 24,446,000.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/08/26/biden-assault-weapons-will-be-banned-democrats-pick-up-2-senate-seats-november/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Killer Clouds

If they try to ban assault rifles they will be going against SCOTUS rulings.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Clouds floated over then rained on us with:
"If they try to ban assault rifles they will be going against SCOTUS rulings."

Huh?
Standard AR-15 style "assault rifles" are ALREADY BANNED in states like New York, Connecticut, I believe in Massachusetts as well.

Seems like no successful lawsuit has been promulgated to undo THESE laws. At least, not yet.

Offline Killer Clouds

Clouds floated over then rained on us with:
"If they try to ban assault rifles they will be going against SCOTUS rulings."

Huh?
Standard AR-15 style "assault rifles" are ALREADY BANNED in states like New York, Connecticut, I believe in Massachusetts as well.

Seems like no successful lawsuit has been promulgated to undo THESE laws. At least, not yet.
There are a few lawsuits that have been sent back down to lower courts since Bruen. It's looking like assault weapons bans will be overturned. Nadler also messed up when he admitted they are trying to ban weapons in common use.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I want to see a law passed that bans ANY agent of a state or the feral gooberment from possessing or carrying any weapon on duty that is illegal for Homer Homeowner to carry or possess.

Including Presidential bodyguards as well as ANY and ALL bodyguards that work for any private agencies.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2022, 09:16:05 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I want to see a law passed that bans ANY agent of a state or the feral gooberment from possessing or carrying any weapon on duty that is illegal for Homer Homeowner to carry or possess.

Including Presidential bodyguards as well as ANY and ALL bodyguards that work for any private agencies.
The entire idea of the 2nd Amendment was to preserve the right of the citizenry to retain parity with the government's basic arms, although there were no limits placed on that right. The idea of a two-tiered RKBA of government vs citizen is in direct contravention to the fundamental concept.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline andy58-in-nh

A free citizen's right to armed self-defense, appropriate to and commensurate with the threat, must never be negotiable nor subject to the whims of rulers, nor to the changeable winds of electoral politics.

Otherwise, as a matter of history: the citizenry is no longer truly free, and serfdom and worse always follows.

Joe Biden and his ilk will NEVER take my guns away from me. Ever. Until I am dead.

Clear enough?
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
A free citizen's right to armed self-defense, appropriate to and commensurate with the threat, must never be negotiable nor subject to the whims of rulers, nor to the changeable winds of electoral politics.

Otherwise, as a matter of history: the citizenry is no longer truly free, and serfdom and worse always follows.

Joe Biden and his ilk will NEVER take my guns away from me. Ever. Until I am dead.

Clear enough?

:thumbsup:

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
If they try to ban assault rifles they will be going against SCOTUS rulings.

ROFL!  Stupid SOB says he wants to BAN "assault" weapons, and then calls ME a Fascist!    happy77
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
People have been glad to buy into Bidens delicious lies since the Biden/Trump election, and i see little slowing of that effect.  The democrats have relentlessly attacking American peoples rights to own arms, yet people vote democrat knowing that doing so endangers their rights to own guns.  How can stupid be remedied?  Biden assumes the Presidency and gun owners finally decide to open their closed eyes and bawl openly?  A fool and his freedoms are standing on shifting sand.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline cato potatoe

If they're going to issue a bunch of threats, now is the preferred time for that. 

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
ROFL!  Stupid SOB says he wants to BAN "assault" weapons, and then calls ME a Fascist!    happy77
Really Really stupid SOB if he thinks only White supremacist Bible thumping MAGA conservatives own or want to own AR-15 (won't stop there) style semi autos. Brandon is stirring up a shit storm against his party among to those plantation Blacks and Hispanics, especially those Hispanics that have escaped actual fascist regimes that didn't allow them to have a gun to defend themselves. I'd call Biden a moron but that would be insulting morons.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

I think Massachsuetts allows AR-15's, but you have to be 21 to purchase and the maximum magazine size is 10 rounds.  A former co-worker of mine owns one.

The 1990s assault weapons ban did not prevent Columbine.

How many assault weapons did Obama's Operation Fast And Furious put on the streets?

Psychologically damaged young adults will find other means to inflict violence.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
RINO:
"I think Massachsuetts allows AR-15's, but you have to be 21 to purchase and the maximum magazine size is 10 rounds.  A former co-worker of mine owns one."

He may have bought it a while back.
See this page:
https://www.mass.gov/guides/frequently-asked-questions-about-the-assault-weapons-ban-enforcement-notice#-what-type-of-weapons-are-prohibited-as-“copies-or-duplicates”-of-the-assault-weapons-listed-in-g.l.-c.-140,-§-121?-

On the basis of that, it looks like you can't buy an AR-15 or similar rifle in Massachusetts. At least, not any more.

Neither Connecticut or New York permit such sales.

There's supposedly a "twisted pretzel" AR-15 that remains "legal" for sale in New York state, but even the magazine is bolted in place and non-removable (at least not without illegal modifications). But a "real" AR-15 (like all the others)? No.

Again I'll repeat for Killer Clouds:
There has been NO SUCCESSFUL CHALLENGE to the above state laws yet.

Makes me wonder...
Why not...?

Offline Killer Clouds

RINO:
"I think Massachsuetts allows AR-15's, but you have to be 21 to purchase and the maximum magazine size is 10 rounds.  A former co-worker of mine owns one."

He may have bought it a while back.
See this page:
https://www.mass.gov/guides/frequently-asked-questions-about-the-assault-weapons-ban-enforcement-notice#-what-type-of-weapons-are-prohibited-as-“copies-or-duplicates”-of-the-assault-weapons-listed-in-g.l.-c.-140,-§-121?-

On the basis of that, it looks like you can't buy an AR-15 or similar rifle in Massachusetts. At least, not any more.

Neither Connecticut or New York permit such sales.

There's supposedly a "twisted pretzel" AR-15 that remains "legal" for sale in New York state, but even the magazine is bolted in place and non-removable (at least not without illegal modifications). But a "real" AR-15 (like all the others)? No.

Again I'll repeat for Killer Clouds:
There has been NO SUCCESSFUL CHALLENGE to the above state laws yet.

Makes me wonder...
Why not...?
You're are correct right now but there are challenges that have been sent back down to lower courts by SCOTUS since Bruen. There are actually quite a few 2A laws being challenged throughout the US that are affected by the Bruen decision.