Author Topic: Cops arrest pastor over watering neighbors’ flowers  (Read 501 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Cops arrest pastor over watering neighbors’ flowers
« on: August 26, 2022, 11:16:05 am »
American Military News  by Liz George August 25, 2022

Alabama police officers arrested a pastor who was watering his out-of-town neighbor’s flowers in May, body camera footage first released Wednesday shows.

In the footage, an unidentified officer with the Childersburg Police Department is seen approaching Michael Jennings, pastor at Vision of Abundant Life Ministries in Sylacauga, while he is watering his neighbor’s flowers. The police question Jennings about his activity and ask who he is.

The officer insists Jennings identify himself, to which Jennings responds, “I don’t have to identify myself. This is not a stop and identify state. I live right across the street. Who called ya’ll?”

“You have no right to approach me if I ain’t did nothing suspicious or nothing wrong,” Jennings adds. “You want to lock me up, lock me up.”

After forcing the handcuffed pastor to sit down, the first police officer questions another neighbor who says she knows Jennings. She confirms that Jennings lives across the street and that he “may” have permission to water his neighbor’s flowers because “they are friends and they went out of town today.”

Despite the neighbor calling it a mistake, Jennings was eventually arrested and charged with obstructing government operations. The charges were later dropped.

More: https://americanmilitarynews.com/2022/08/video-cops-arrest-pastor-over-watering-neighbors-flowers/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJGtvHcdO60

Offline verga

Re: Cops arrest pastor over watering neighbors’ flowers
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2022, 12:11:39 pm »
Future FBI or IRS agent in training.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2022, 12:29:19 pm »
Watering While Black.   

Stupid ass cop gave him a  RMA* bogus charge.

*RMA  Respect my authority.

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online rustynail

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2022, 12:31:28 pm »
$$Calling all Lawyers$$

Online DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2022, 01:04:22 pm »
Why don't more people comply when confronted by cops?

The cops were just asking him to idenify himself and determine if he was a threat or not.

I was taught that if I did not comply with a cop, the cop has every right to crack my skull open with his night stick.  None of my relatives would have any sympathy.  Their response would have been, "You got what you deserved for mouthing off to a cop."

The cops tried to de-escalate multiple times, and it was the subject who escalated the situation.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2022, 01:21:58 pm »
As more and more people don't stand up for their rights, soon we won't have any.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2022, 01:36:23 pm »
They showed this on GMA the other morning trying to say how racist this was.  The guy refused to show any ID at all and continued to be non-cooperative.  A neighbor called the police thinking there was some stranger around this house.  Great neighbor by the way...looking after a friend's house.  He's already hired a lawyer....geez....

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2022, 02:07:35 pm »
I was with the preacher until I found out he refused to identify himself.

When he did that,he justified the rest of what happened to him. After all,arresting "suspicious people who refuse to cooperate" is WHY cops exist.

I DO have to add the question "WTF DID these goober cops think when they got a report on a "suspicious" person watering a neighbors lawn"? WHEN did THAT become a crime,or even any of their business?

Granted,the preacher is just as guilty as the cops because just HOW freaking difficult would it have been for him to show ID proving he lived across the street,and telling them his neighbors had asked him to water their lawn while they were gone?

Seems to ME,the preacher has a "Black chip" on his shoulder,and was looking to become a Martyr.

« Last Edit: August 26, 2022, 02:11:52 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2022, 02:19:47 pm »
If the guy had just been walking down the street, mowing his lawn, or shopping in a grocery store minding his own business, then I would have been more supportive of him acting the way he did.

But if you're in a neighbors yard who calls the cops on you, then the cop has justification to know who you are.

When dealing with cops, you need to know when to hold 'em and know when to fold 'em.
The Republic is lost.