Author Topic: Two sisters lead push to help Ukrainian refugees secure housing in NYC  (Read 225 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Two sisters lead push to help Ukrainian refugees secure housing in NYC

By Carl Campanile
August 24, 2022 9:19pm  Updated

Two sisters are raising funds to secure permanent housing for the thousands of Ukrainian refugees in New York who fled their worn-torn homeland following Russia’s invasion.

Lidya and Gabriella Oros founded the Ukrainian Habitat Fund, which held its first fundraiser at the Keuka Kafe on Wednesday to help mark Ukrainian Independence Day.

The hosts passed out traditional bread and salt and Ukrainian beer and wine was served, with proceeds going to the cause.

“It’s a bittersweet moment. We are raising awareness,” Lidya Oros said at the event in Forest Hills, Queens. “Thank God there are soldiers defending Ukraine.”

https://nypost.com/2022/08/24/sisters-behind-push-to-help-house-ukrainian-refugees-in-nyc/
« Last Edit: August 25, 2022, 04:58:47 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Two sisters lead push to help Ukrainian refugees secure housing in NYC
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2022, 05:03:14 pm »
Why are they holding fund raisers when illegal aliens from Mejico and the rest of the world who come through the southern border are given 5 star hotels to stay in?  This is clearly discrimination by NYC and the democrats.  They are always wailing about equity but when they have a chance to show the world that equity, they don't do it.  :tongue2:
« Last Edit: August 25, 2022, 05:04:03 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson