Author Topic: RECORD AUGUST CHILLS IN THE BALKANS; ANTARCTICA PLUNGES BELOW -80C (-112F); HEAVY SUMMER SNOW HITS X  (Read 190 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
RECORD AUGUST CHILLS IN THE BALKANS; ANTARCTICA PLUNGES BELOW -80C (-112F); HEAVY SUMMER SNOW HITS XINJIANG, CHINA; + TEXAS BREAKS LOW TEMPERATURE RECORDS, INCLUDING ONE FROM 1965
AUGUST 24, 2022 CAP ALLON

RECORD AUGUST CHILLS IN THE BALKANS

While the Western half of Europe has witnessed a hot summer, the opposite has been true across the East.

Continuing that trend, the Balkans and also much of Central-Eastern Europe, as well as Southern Italy, have endured very cool and rainy conditions this week.

With a high of just 15.3C (59.5C) on Tuesday, the Slovak capital of Bratislava–serving as just one example–logged its lowest daily high in the month of August since 2010.

https://electroverse.co/record-aug-chills-balkans-antarctica-112f-summer-snow-china-texas-breaks-low-temperature-records/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DefiantMassRINO

////00000////

So, it's wicked cold in Antartica during the Southern Hemisphere's Winter?

... and, it only been 12 years since Bratislava was this cold in August.

An ice age in the Balkans would be an improvment.  We're still picking up the pieces after Archduke Franz Ferdinand's assassination in Sarajevo in 1914.

What happens in the Balkans doesn't stay in the Balkans.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright