Author Topic: WashPost Is Upset DeSantis Wants to Keep Murderers, Sex Criminals From Voting  (Read 202 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
WashPost Is Upset DeSantis Wants to Keep Murderers, Sex Criminals From Voting
Curtis Houck
August 23rd, 2022 12:13 PM

In an editorial for Tuesday’s print edition, The Washington Post screeched over an announcement last week from Governor Ron DeSantis (R-FL) that, as per a release from his office, 20 people were arrested for having “[broken] Florida’s elections laws” despite having been banned from voting for having been convicted of either murder or sex crimes.

The Post’s argument? Such a measure to protect our elections systems “will have a chilling effect” on our democracy. To put this another way, The Post is so deranged and hates conservatives so much that, in order to oppose them, they’ll go to the mat for murderers and sex offenders.

The piece began by lamenting the event announcing the charges “felt like a rally for an unannounced 2024 presidential campaign” and that the charges themselves were “a clear effort to deter legitimate voting.”

But again, it was against the law for these convicted felons to vote.

https://newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/curtis-houck/2022/08/23/washpost-upset-desantis-wants-keep-murderers-sex-criminals-voting
« Last Edit: August 23, 2022, 05:51:16 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji