Author Topic: Primaries to Watch This Tuesday  (Read 2104 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Primaries to Watch This Tuesday
« on: August 23, 2022, 03:36:12 pm »
Primaries to Watch This Tuesday
Spencer Brown

Posted: Aug 23, 2022 11:00 AM

We're now in the final stretch of primaries for the 2022 midterm elections that will prove consequential for the second half of President Joe Biden's first term, with voters in Florida and New York deciding contests within their own parties ahead of the general election that's now just over 10 weeks away. There's also the Republican U.S. Senate runoff in Oklahoma to finalize the GOP candidate who will seek to finish the remainder of retiring U.S. Senator Jim Inhofe's term. Townhall is tracking the vicious Dem vs. Dem matchups playing out in New York following a messy redistricting process as well as the Florida races that will settle the Democrat challengers looking to take on Governor Ron DeSantis and Senator Marco Rubio.

Here's what we're watching and, as always, stay with Townhall throughout Tuesday evening for live results from the Sunshine, Empire, and Sooner States as polls close and votes are tallied.

FLORIDA PRIMARIES — Polls close at 7:00 p.m. ET

Sunshine State Democrats will choose their candidates to take on Republican incumbents in November including Governor Ron DeSantis and U.S. Senator Marco Rubio.

In the Democrat gubernatorial primary, former GOP Governor Charlie Christ switched parties and is now a Democrat U.S. Representative seeking to win his new party's nomination to challenge Ron DeSantis in November. Christ will take on Nikki Fried, Florida's agriculture commissioner, who has run her campaign to the left of Christ, politically. While Christ has been favored to win, some recent polls have shown the race tightening.

In the U.S. Senate primary, Democrat Rep. Val Demings is expected to win the night to challenge GOP Sen. Marco Rubio in November. Demings, whose security apparently roughed up a campaign tracker at a recent event, has struggled to find her place in the Democratic Party as a former police chief who has since called Minneapolis radicals' plan to defund the police a "thoughtful proposal." She was, for a time, considered as a potential VP candidate for Joe Biden in 2020, but her law enforcement background didn't pass muster with radical Democrats' anti-police positions.

When it comes to U.S. House races, Republicans are seeking to capitalize on the newly-notched lead in registered voters and an unfavorable cycle for Democrats to expand their number of seats in Florida. In the Sunshine State's 7th Congressional District, eight GOP candidates are competing to replace retiring Democrat Rep. Stephanie Murphy. Among the Republicans running in the primary are state Rep. Anthony Sabatini and businessman Cory Mills.

On the Democrats' side, the primary to replace current Rep. Val Demings — who hopes to be the Democrat candidate challenging GOP Senator Marco Rubio in November — in the state's blue 10th Congressional District might see 25-year-old progressive activist Maxwell Alejandro Frost come out on top, setting him up to be the first Gen-Z member of Congress.

In Florida's 13th Congressional District, another that turned more favorable for the GOP after redistricting, the Republican primary features Trump-endorsed U.S. Air Force veteran Anna Paulina Luna leading the pack to challenge Democrat Eric Lynn, an Obama administration official, in November.

more
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/spencerbrown/2022/08/23/primary-preview-n2612060
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Primaries to Watch This Tuesday
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2022, 12:45:26 am »
The grassroots are waking up and on the move

1776 Project Pac
@1776ProjectPac

BREAKING: All three of our endorsed candidates in Sarasota County, Florida have WON their elections.

We just flipped the school board from a 3-2 liberal majority to 4-1 conservative.

Congrats to Bridget Ziegler, Robyn Marinelli, and Timothy Enos.

7:57 PM · Aug 23, 2022·Twitter Web App

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2022, 12:50:41 am »
Decision Desk HQ
@DecisionDeskHQ

Decision Desk HQ projects Daniel Webster (@RepWebster) is the winner of the Republican nomination for U.S. House District 11 in Florida. He defeats Laura Loomer (R).

#DecisionMade: 8:23pm EDT
DDHQ 2022 Forecast: Solid R

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2022, 12:59:02 am »
The grassroots are waking up and on the move

1776 Project Pac
@1776ProjectPac

BREAKING: All three of our endorsed candidates in Sarasota County, Florida have WON their elections.

We just flipped the school board from a 3-2 liberal majority to 4-1 conservative.

Congrats to Bridget Ziegler, Robyn Marinelli, and Timothy Enos.

7:57 PM · Aug 23, 2022·Twitter Web App

🚨HUGE: Both of our candidates in Miami Dade County, Florida just WON their elections, flipping the school board conservative.Miami Dade is now the LARGEST county in America with a conservative school board majority.

Congrats to Roberto Alonso and Monica Colucci.— 1776 Project Pac (@1776ProjectPac) August 24, 2022

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2022, 01:00:15 am »
JUST IN: Charlie Crist wins Democratic nomination for governor in Florida primary election - AP— Breaking911 (@Breaking911) August 24, 2022

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2022, 01:06:21 am »
Matt Gaetz
@mattgaetz

Thank you Northwest Florida!

Dave Wasserman
@Redistrict

I've seen enough: Rep. Matt Gaetz (R) defeats Mark Lombardo (R) in the #FL01 GOP primary. @CookPolitical November rating: Solid R.

8:16 PM · Aug 23, 2022·Twitter for iPhone

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2022, 01:10:00 am »
Matt Gaetz
@mattgaetz

Congrats APL!

Anna Paulina Luna
@VoteAPL

Thank you Pinellas County! I look forward to representing you in Washington DC and delivering results for our community! President Trump… I kicked ass like you wanted me to. 🇺🇸🙏🇺🇸

8:05 PM · Aug 23, 2022·Twitter for iPhone

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2022, 01:14:56 am »
I've seen enough: Laurel Lee (R) wins the #FL15 GOP primary and will face Alan Cohn (D) in the fall. @CookPolitical November rating: Likely R.— Dave Wasserman (@Redistrict) August 24, 2022

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2022, 01:24:46 am »
Nadler predicted win over Mahoney in NY….

Wow!

@Kamaji
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2022, 01:31:19 am »
Matt Gaetz
@mattgaetz

Congrats APL!

Anna Paulina Luna
@VoteAPL

Thank you Pinellas County! I look forward to representing you in Washington DC and delivering results for our community! President Trump… I kicked ass like you wanted me to. 🇺🇸🙏🇺🇸

8:05 PM · Aug 23, 2022·Twitter for iPhone

Rich Baris "The People's Pundit"
@Peoples_Pundit

Anna Luna pulling further ahead in #FL13. She's flipping Crist's seat in November.

7:33 PM · Aug 23, 2022·Twitter Web App

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2022, 01:32:52 am »
Nadler predicted win over Mahoney in NY….

Wow!

@Kamaji

Someone needs to explain this.   **nononono*

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2022, 01:34:53 am »
I thought for sure Mahoney would beat Nadler..
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2022, 01:36:01 am »
I thought for sure Mahoney would beat Nadler..

Me too. She’s been in there since tge 90s!

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2022, 01:37:07 am »
Val Demings wins Florida primary, teeing up November race against Rubio
https://www.axios.com/2022/08/24/val-demings-marco-rubio-florida-senate-election

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2022, 01:38:15 am »
Nadler projected winner in NY-12
By Samuel Chamberlain and Bernadette Hogan

Our first big call of the night is in the 12th District, where Rep. Jerry Nadler is projected to knock off longtime colleague Carolyn Maloney -- ending her three-decade career in Congress.

Subdued exclamations of “Oh, no!” and “Awww!” filled the swank 4th-floor watch party for Maloney in Chelsea after NY-1 called the race.

“The New York Times endorsement never seems to fail in the heart of Manhattan,” a Maloney supporter in the room told The Post. “It was a pretty clear across the board victory for Jerry Nadler.”

Maloney was expected to arrive sometime in the next hour.

https://nypost.com/2022/08/23/ny-primary-election-2022-live-updates-and-results/#23585784

@Right_in_Virginia

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2022, 01:40:48 am »
Support the USO

« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2022, 01:49:19 am »
She worries me...

She's a favorite of the regime --- even considered for VP  in 2020---- and she's rolling in campaign cash.  Demings should be viewed as a serious threat to holding the Senate seat.

Online libertybele

« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2022, 01:53:57 am »
She worries me...

Rightfully so, IMHO. I'm not a Marco fan and I hate to see a DEM take the seat, but she's closing in on him. I rec'd several mailers asking for $$ for Rubio and a couple of texts.  The last text stated that they were just about even in the polls. 

I just can't support him. The Tea Party is backing him, so that may help him.  The Gang of Eight still sticks in my mind and he didn't even win his home state in the '16 election.

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2022, 01:56:45 am »
Nadler projected winner in NY-12
By Samuel Chamberlain and Bernadette Hogan

https://nypost.com/2022/08/23/ny-primary-election-2022-live-updates-and-results/#23585784

@Right_in_Virginia

Thanks for this @Gefn   The link is a solid source for updates on NY  ---- although I'll admit it's like news from the dark side of the moon   :laugh:

Online libertybele

« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2022, 01:57:53 am »
She's a favorite of the regime --- even considered for VP  in 2020---- and she's rolling in campaign cash.  Demings should be viewed as a serious threat to holding the Senate seat.

Since 2021, Demings has raised $47 million, more than Rubio’s near-$37 million haul.

Read more at: https://www.miamiherald.com/news/politics-government/state-politics/article264655814.html#storylink=cpy
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2022, 01:59:46 am »
In NY-19, Schoharie County is reporting all of its votes, with Molinaro (R) winning the country 66-34%. Trump won it 63-34% in '20. https://t.co/XkPltLHxJe— Steve Kornacki (@SteveKornacki) August 24, 2022

Online roamer_1

« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2022, 02:11:40 am »
I just can't support him. The Tea Party is backing him, so that may help him.  The Gang of Eight still sticks in my mind and he didn't even win his home state in the '16 election.

TEA Party Express is NOT TEA Party.

« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2022, 02:12:38 am »
Not too shabby    :laugh:

Matt Gaetz wins the Republican primary.
Race called by The Associated Press.

Matt Gaetz*
59,656 +65.6%65.6%

Mark Lombardo
21,546 +23.7%23.7

Greg Merk
9,675 +10.6%10.6

Total reported

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2022, 02:19:04 am »
Thanks for this @Gefn   The link is a solid source for updates on NY  ---- although I'll admit it's like news from the dark side of the moon   :laugh:

🎶I’ll see you on the dark side of the moon 🎶
@Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2022, 02:31:38 am »
Aiden
@AidenBuzzetti

Miami Dade has over 300 THOUSAND students.

We just flipped the school board to conservatives. HUGE WIN TONIGHT!

8:44 PM · Aug 23, 2022  Twitter Web App