Author Topic: “Electricity Crisis”: German Wholesale Prices “Virtually Exploding”…2,347% Rise Over Single Year!  (Read 461 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
“Electricity Crisis”: German Wholesale Prices “Virtually Exploding”…2,347% Rise Over Single Year!
By P Gosselin on 21. August 2022

Share this...
Here’s more on the Great Energy Debacle, which is brought to you by the green energy masterminds who followed “the science”.

Europeans, especially Germans, are already fearing massive natural gas supply shortages this coming winter, but experts are warning an electricity crisis could hit first.

The “Handelsblatt”, Germany’s business and finance daily, reports on the country’s exploding electricity prices in its online article: “Over 2000 percent: electricity prices jump to record highs“.

And the bad news: things are expected to get worse – a lot worse!

The megawatt price of electricity in daily trading on the Leipzig EEX exchange “jumped to a new high” last week, according to the Handelsblatt. “A megawatt hour (MWh) now costs 563 euros. A year ago, the price was just under 23 euros – an increase of more than 2,347 percent.”

https://notrickszone.com/2022/08/21/electricity-crisis-german-wholesale-prices-virtually-exploding-2347-rise-over-single-year/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online mountaineer

Steve Cortes
@CortesSteve
·
4h
Oh boy. Natural Gas hits $10. The fuel for America's factories and farms skyrockets.
For context, Nat Gas was at $2.50 when Biden took office.

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
It's Trumps fault, anyway. :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
They could crank up the output on their nuke plants.   Oh wait....  Nevermind.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2022, 07:53:00 pm by Wingnut »
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Germany has plenty of coal.
Bring back the "gaswerken" of old, converting coal into natural gas...

Online mountaineer

They could crank up the output on their nuke plants.   Oh wait....  Nevermind.
Instead, they have vast fields of solar panels and windmills to despoil the landscape.  *****rollingeyes*****
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org