Author Topic: Immigration: Democratic Mayors Adams, Bowser avoid ‘cruel,’ ‘xenophobic’ labels reserved for Republi  (Read 172 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Immigration: Democratic Mayors Adams, Bowser avoid ‘cruel,’ ‘xenophobic’ labels reserved for Republicans

Sanctuary city mayors have complained about an influx of migrants
Brian FloodBy Brian Flood | Fox News

DC Mayor Bowser, who invited illegal immigrants, calls migrant issue a crisis
Texas Republican Congressman Chip Roy sounds off on an apparent flip-flop on 'Tucker Carlson Tonight.'

Republicans have been labeled "cruel" and even xenophobic over illegal immigration stances, but the mainstream media doesn’t seem to mind when Democratic Mayors Eric Adams and Muriel Bowser sound the alarm about thousands of illegal immigrants arriving in their sanctuary cities.

Former President Trump has been vilified as xenophobic over his immigration policy and border wall by countless liberal pundits and mainstream journalists. The Miami New Times included Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis’ 2018 promise he would only allow legal immigrants in a list of "racist stuff" the Republican has done, The Guardian cautioned that Texas Gov. Greg Abbott, R., "echoed the xenophobic rhetoric" of Trump, and other high-profile Republicans have been shamed by the press over immigration for years. However, the disparaging monikers seem to vanish when a Democrat is the elected official poo-pooing immigrants, but conservative radio host Jason Rantz isn’t surprised.

"Let's not be shocked that left-wing media outlets are going easy on Democrats on illegal immigration," Rantz told Fox News Digital.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/immigration-democratic-mayors-adams-bowser-avoid-cruel-xenophobic-labels-reserved-republicans
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson