Author Topic: El Paso Border Patrol identifies 665 adults posing as minors while attempting to cross the border il  (Read 190 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
El Paso Border Patrol identifies 665 adults posing as minors while attempting to cross the border illegally
NEWS
CANDACE HATHAWAYAugust 22, 2022   

Since October, El Paso Border Protection has identified 665 adults posing as children illegally attempting to cross into the United States.

U.S. Customs and Border Protection reported on Friday that another 10 adults posing as children had been identified at the southern border.

El Paso Sector Border Patrol Chief Gloria I. Chavez stated that transnational criminal organizations convince adults to lie about their age because minors who cross the border cannot be immediately deported. In addition, she said, “Identity fraud is a common tactic used by TCOs to take advantage of migrants who do not know the legal consequences of their actions as they attempt to deceive authorities.”

U.S. Department of Health & Human Services stated that unaccompanied minors are placed in the care of the Office of Refugee Resettlement. By law, ORR must provide children with food, shelter, and medical care while officials attempt to find a parent or guardian. While they await immigration proceedings, authorities place the children with a sponsor, most often a family member living in the United States.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/el-paso-border-patrol-identifies-665-adults-posing-as-minors-while-attempting-to-illegally-cross-the-border#toggle-gdpr
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson