Author Topic: WSJ: Virginia Raises Electricity Bills to Pay for Offshore Wind  (Read 160 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
WSJ: Virginia Raises Electricity Bills to Pay for Offshore Wind
10 hours ago
Essay by Eric Worrall

h/t M; While the Virginia SCC is “keenly aware of the ongoing rise in gas prices, inflation, and other economic pressures”, they have to obey the legislature.

The Spinning of Virginia’s Wind Farm

If the weather doesn’t cooperate, Dominion wants consumers to pay.

By The Editorial Board

Dominion Energy plans to build 176 wind turbines 27 miles off the coast of Virginia Beach. That’s enough to power about 660,000 homes. The capital cost is $9.8 billion. The state Corporation Commission assented to a related rate increase, but it noted that the downside risk is on consumers. Typically, the commission says, a utility might buy such power from an outside developer, “which limits the risks to customers.” Yet Dominion “has chosen to construct, own and operate the Project.”

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2022/08/22/wsj-virginia-commissions-expensive-offshore-wind-power-under-duress/
« Last Edit: August 23, 2022, 11:23:10 am by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson