Author Topic: Fox News Power Rankings: GOP House majority shrinks as Democrats score key victories  (Read 626 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 August 22, 2022 9:18am EDT
Fox News Power Rankings: GOP House majority shrinks as Democrats score key victories
Election night is 11 weeks away

By Rémy Numa | Fox News

Republicans are expected to win the House this November but on a slimmer margin than previously forecast, while neither party can yet claim a majority in the Senate. In this edition of the Fox News Power Rankings, the GOP suffers a net loss of six seats in the House as polling improves for the Democrats, plus shifts in almost a dozen Senate and governor's races.

House: Republicans forecast to win a majority of 2 to 30 seats; fewer than anticipated in July

Our latest rankings still expect Republicans to win the House, now with a majority of 2 to 30 seats (a total of 220 to 248 seats). The exact number of seats depends on how many toss-up districts are won by Democrats and Republicans. If GOP candidates win half of those highly competitive districts, then the party would govern with a comfortable 16-seat majority (234 seats). Make no mistake, the national environment looks good for conservatives.

However, there are probably fewer seats in play for the GOP than there were in July. In the last rankings, Republicans were expected to take a 22-seat majority (again, assuming they win half the toss-up races). With a new estimated majority of 16 seats, the GOP net gain has shrunk by six over the last six weeks.

In those same weeks, Democrats have enjoyed a polling boost. The latest national Fox News Poll showed the Democrats and GOP tied at 41% each on the "generic ballot" question, which asked registered voters whether they would vote for the Democratic or Republican candidate in their district. Several other high-quality polls are showing similar shifts. Throughout July and August, gas prices have eased a little; the Supreme Court’s abortion ruling remained a top story; and Democrats took victory laps over computer chip manufacturing legislation and a climate, health care and tax package. It all has amounted to a late-summer swell for the left.

President Biden’s approval rating has also ticked up a few points (the president signed all those bills into law, after all). In the latest Fox News poll, 42% of voters approved of Biden while 58% disapproved, reducing a 19-point deficit in July to 16 points now. Of course, Biden’s approval rating is still relatively low at this point of his presidency, and therefore has remained a major drag on the Democrats' prospects.

much more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fox-news-power-rankings-gop-house-majority-shrinks-democrats-score-key-victories
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Eh? We haven't even had the election yet.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Eh? We haven't even had the election yet.

We're not even to Labor Day yet!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I don't believe any poll Fox puts out..they have been notoriously wrong over the years...
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
And this is NBC...

NBC Poll: Republicans Gain Ground on the Generic Congressional Ballot

Jacob Bliss 22 Aug 2022 Washington, DC

A Republican candidate gained ground against a Democrat candidate on the generic congressional ballot since May, according to a poll by NBC News released Sunday.

The generic Republican is ahead of the generic Democrat on the congressional ballot by two points, showing they took the lead, as both parties were tied on the May generic congressional ballot.

On NBC News’ August poll, the respondents were asked what was their “preference for the outcome of this November’s congressional elections… a Congress controlled by Republicans or a Congress controlled by Democrats?”

The August poll showed that 47 percent would vote for the Republican on the ballot compared to the 45 percent who said they would vote for the Democrat. There were also eight percent who said they were not sure.

When asked the same question on the May poll, the parties were tied at 46 percent, with eight percent who said they were not sure.

The August poll asked 1000 registered voters between August 12 to 16, where there was also a margin of error of plus or minus 3.10 percent. The May poll asked 790 registered voters between May 5 to 7 and 9 to 10, where there was also a margin of error of plus or minus 3.49 percent.

The Republicans are trying to have a net gain of at least five seats, which would ultimately win them back the majority in the House and unseat Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) from her Speakership.

In addition to the generic ballot, there have been numerous ballots that Breitbart News has chronicled that show the battlefield for Republicans to regain the majority in the House is expanding to more districts — a good sign for Republicans as GOP candidates are polling better that Democrats, in some cases, in typically safe seats that President Joe Biden carried in the last presidential election by between 11 and 15 points.

In 2018, the Democrats took the House from the Republicans. In 2020, after striving to reclaim it, the Republicans left the Democrats with the slimmest majority in modern history and gave themselves the upper hand in the midterms.

For Republicans, winning the majority will require a net gain of only five seats in November, and much is on the line in both the House and the Senate. Losing either could mean the Democrats and Biden will have a more challenging time passing their agenda items before the next presidential election.

Republicans are currently projected to win a majority of between 12 and 35 seats.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/08/22/nbc-poll-republicans-gain-ground-generic-congressional-ballot/
« Last Edit: August 22, 2022, 09:04:06 pm by mystery-ak »
Support the USO

Offline EdinVA

What is a generic republican or generic democrat... if they are both generic then what is the difference?  People voting for party rather than candidate?   **nononono*

Offline DefiantMassRINO

That's why we still play the games and there are longshots.  The odds makers don't always get it right.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
When the ad blitz's start.....things will move around.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

We're not even to Labor Day yet!

If the plan is to depress Republicans, the last week in summer is their best shot.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Typical August media push for the Dems.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2022, 02:43:58 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Believe any polls?  Pffffff.....

Not in the way that the dims have perfected electoral theft.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
If the plan is to depress Republicans, the last week in summer is their best shot.

What should depress republicans, is if a politicized police state like the corrupt DOJ/FBI can falsely raid an ex-POTUS residence.....

Who else is safe?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.