Author Topic: Hundreds of migrants line up at NYC hospital for healthcare, food, free phones  (Read 414 times)

Online Kamaji

Hundreds of migrants line up at NYC hospital for healthcare, food, free phones

By Kyle Schnitzer and David Meyer
August 21, 2022

Hundreds of migrants — at least some bussed to the Big Apple by Texas Gov. Greg Abbott — lined up outside Lincoln Hospital in The Bronx on Sunday to get healthcare coverage, food and other items including school supplies and free phones.

The event, organized by the city hospital system, was billed as a “resource and family fun day” for the migrants and their children, many of whom have come to New York City in droves in recent weeks.

“I came to New York about three days ago. I am a welder, and I am looking for work here,” Venezuelan refugee Adrian Medina, 32, said through a translator.

Medina said he arrived on a bus that left Texas five days ago, after a solo trek from his home country that included six days of walking in the jungle.

Now living at Bellevue Men’s Shelter, Medina said he saw a flier for the event there. He was waiting in line for ice cream when he spoke to The Post.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2022/08/21/hundreds-of-migrants-line-up-in-nyc-for-healthcare-food-phones/

Online Kamaji

Offline BellyAche

More rewarding of illegal behavior!!!!   :nono:
Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline libertybele

That's been the norm; rewarding ILLEGALS for breaking the law. If that were to stop, we'd see a huge reduction in ILLEGALS crossing the border.  They need to be deported, every single one of them.

BTW @BellyAche welcome to The Briefing Room.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Go, Abbott, go!

Make the sanctaury cities deal with the consequences of their own policies.

Immigration change will only occur when more states and municipalities are forced to the feel the pain experienced by Border States.

After Columbus Day, there may be off-season rentals available at mansions in the Hamptons, NY.  Abbott could rent/lease the mansions on AirBnB and Vrvo, and bus illegal immigrants there.

A liberal limousine NIMBY hates something in their own backyard more than anything else.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online Kamaji

Yup.  And when behavior is rewarded, one gets more of it.