Author Topic: California Army post hasn’t had clean tap water for a week  (Read 365 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
California Army post hasn’t had clean tap water for a week
« on: August 22, 2022, 11:27:07 am »

California Army post hasn’t had clean tap water for a week
By Davis Winkie
 Friday, Aug 19

Troops and families at remote Fort Hunter Liggett on California’s rugged Central Coast have been without clean drinking water in their taps since the evening of Aug. 11, when a routine water system maintenance check went wrong, cracking a valve and rupturing a 12-inch water main.

Officials initially shut off water to the entire post, which is also currently battling a wildfire in a training area, to prevent a catastrophic failure, the garrison’s top enlisted soldier, Command Sgt. Maj. Eric Rupp, said in a Friday phone interview with Army Times.

Within hours of the water shutoff, drinking water trailers, known as “water buffalo,” from Camp Roberts, a 40-minute drive away, and portable toilets arrived on post, Rupp said. Residents also realized that their geothermal-powered air conditioners wouldn’t function without water — though temperatures have been cool in recent days.

https://www.armytimes.com/news/your-army/2022/08/19/california-army-post-hasnt-had-clean-tap-water-for-a-week/
« Last Edit: August 22, 2022, 11:40:42 am by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Re: California Army post hasn’t had clean tap water for a week
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2022, 06:54:24 am »
Fact is there is no SAFE tap water one can drink in the entire USA.

All of you have seen the story regarding Camp Lejuine.  Fact is, there is no safe tap water.  Stories like the Marine Base area are common.

In the 1990s, I believe it was Milwaukee that had about 140 people die from having Giardia in the water.  Pittsburgh had something that was 1,000 higher than what was considered safe, something in jet fuel. 

One of the things I often do with folks is ask if when reading the newspaper they actually read articles on water, and about 90% say they skip over them.  PLEASE START READING THEM.  I think you will be shocked at how polluted the water is in the USA.

I have been drinking distilled water, largely iced tea made with distilled water since 1979.  I don't anticipate having a blocked artery, gall stones, kidney stones, arthritis with deposits, etc.  Why?  Because the distilled water keeps your body clean of the things that cause these problems.

Despite municipal systems claiming their water is safe, it just isn't.  It isn't a Jim Jones cocktail that has you dying in 15-20 minutes, but I believe drinking tap water shortens life by ten years.  And that drinking distilled water extends life by a healthy ten years.

Chlorine is a carcinogen.  Fluoride is also a carcinogen.  And they dump another 40 chemicals in tap water that are just not safe for the human body.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2022, 07:14:34 am »
Fact is there is no SAFE tap water one can drink in the entire USA.

[...]

Chlorine is a carcinogen.  Fluoride is also a carcinogen.  And they dump another 40 chemicals in tap water that are just not safe for the human body.

Facts. A big part of my particular illness went away just getting off of city water. Turns out I had developed an allergy to chlorine in the years that I lived in town. Whether cumulative or immediate, one way or another my body got enough of chlorine.

And it took a very long time to figure out that water was hurting me. I am pretty immune to most water-born  bacteria from years and years of drinking from creeks, so it never occurred to me that the city water was what was doing me in. And I dang near died.

A word of warning to those who might heed it.

The property I bought was mainly bought for the artesian well that feeds its water system. No chlorine. No fluoride. Just natural water clear and pure, right out of the ground. And that alone brought me halfway back to health.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2022, 07:18:45 am »
And the same goes for bottled water btw. I can taste the chlorine in it.

If you have no other means, leave your drinking water open to the air for a while... overnight at room temperature... Chlorine evaporates readily out of water, and most of its content will be gone by morning. Filtering systems help - they really do. Get a Birky or the like and stop putting that poison into your body.