Author Topic: Liz Cheney: Election Deniers DeSantis, Cruz, Hawley Unfit for Presidency  (Read 2123 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Liz Cheney: Election Deniers DeSantis, Cruz, Hawley Unfit for Presidency

Pam Key 21 Aug 2022

Representative Liz Cheney (R-WY) said Sunday on ABC’s “This Week” that she was “ashamed” that Republicans like Sens. Ted Cruz (R-TX) and Josh Hawley (R-MO) and Gov. Ron Desantis (R-FL) are unfit for the presidency.

ABC News chief Washington correspondent Jonathan Karl said, “Is the threat Trump or bigger than Trump? You could argue Trumpism, in terms of election denying, has taken over the party.”

Cheney said, “Donald Trump is certainly the center of the threat, but election denial, denying the fundamental function and principle, at the center of our constitutional republic is dangerous, broadly speaking. He’s certainly leading that effort and leading that movement. He also, because we know precisely what he will do because he’s done it, sending an armed mob here to the Capitol to try to overturn the results of an election. There’s simply no way the nation can, in my view, sustain itself if we excuse that and put him in a position of power again. ”

Karl said, “You’re going to work against election deniers, if it’s not Trump and if it’s somebody like Ron DeSantis, Ted Cruz, Josh Hawley, these are all people who tied them closely to Trump, will you oppose them? Can you see yourself supporting any of them?”

Cheney said, “It would be very difficult. When you look at somebody like Josh Hawley or Ted Cruz, both of whom know better, both of whom no exactly the role of Congress is in terms of our constitutional obligations with respect to presidential elections, and yet both of whom took steps that, that fundamentally threatened the constitutional order and structure in the aftermath of the last election. So, you know, in my view, they both have made themselves unfit for future office.”

Karl said, “What about DeSantis?”

Cheney said, “DeSantis, who is right now campaigning for election deniers, and I think that’s something that I think people have to have real pause about. Either you fundamentally believe in and support our constitutional structure, or you don’t.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/08/21/liz-cheney-election-deniers-desantis-cruz-hawley-unfit-for-presidency/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Lizard should get together with Hitlary and tour the country, they could call it the National Self Pity Tour. It would make sense, both are egomaniacs in denial of reality and blaming everyone but themselves for their losses.

Cheney has absolutely gone insane, attacking the most conservative republicans and refusing to see the proof of widespread fraud in the 2020 election, while think she has a shot at the presidency.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
The desperate reaching and grasping to stay relevant just reeks. Her power is gone in January, by the time the nomination process for '24 rolls around she will be a political footnote.

What a wretched, entitled woman. That giant sucking sound you hear is the air rapidly exiting the Cheney dynasty balloon.
The Republic is lost.

Offline roamer_1

What a wretched, entitled woman. That giant sucking sound you hear is the air rapidly exiting the Cheney dynasty balloon.

... as flatulence.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
I'm not as optimistic as many...she's going to be a huge PIA.   :shrug:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Maybe.  But, it's just as likely she will serve as motivation to return Trump to the White House.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Liz Cheney: ‘Bond’ with Republicans Who Voted to Impeach Trump ‘Forever’

Outgoing Rep. Liz Cheney (R-WY) said Sunday on ABC’s “This Week” that there was now a “bond” that will last forever with her House Republican colleagues who voted to impeach Donald Trump.

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/08/21/liz-cheney-bond-with-republicans-who-voted-to-impeach-trump-forever/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

Outgoing Rep. Liz Cheney (R-WY) said Sunday on ABC’s “This Week” that there was now a “bond” that will last forever with her House Republican colleagues who voted to impeach Donald Trump.

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/08/21/liz-cheney-bond-with-republicans-who-voted-to-impeach-trump-forever/

Yes Lizzy we realize that you have the RINO money machine behind you.  Thank you for telling us that you think that DeSantis, Hawley and Cruz are unfit; you just gave them a huge boost and we know that they are more than qualified.  Could it be that you fear that they are going to uncover you and your Pappy's corruption along with the other swamp creatures????

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion

Is that bond their no longer being in office? I think Stephen King wrote a book about them.
They eventually refer to themselves as "The Losers Club" due to them all being victims of bullying and rejection from their peers. :tongue2:

Offline Idiot

Liz Cheney: Election Deniers DeSantis, Cruz, Hawley Unfit for Presidency

Pam Key 21 Aug 2022

Representative Liz Cheney (R-WY) said Sunday on ABC’s “This Week” that she was “ashamed” that Republicans like Sens. Ted Cruz (R-TX) and Josh Hawley (R-MO) and Gov. Ron Desantis (R-FL) are unfit for the presidency.

ABC News chief Washington correspondent Jonathan Karl said, “Is the threat Trump or bigger than Trump? You could argue Trumpism, in terms of election denying, has taken over the party.”

Cheney said, “Donald Trump is certainly the center of the threat, but election denial, denying the fundamental function and principle, at the center of our constitutional republic is dangerous, broadly speaking. He’s certainly leading that effort and leading that movement. He also, because we know precisely what he will do because he’s done it, sending an armed mob here to the Capitol to try to overturn the results of an election. There’s simply no way the nation can, in my view, sustain itself if we excuse that and put him in a position of power again. ”

Karl said, “You’re going to work against election deniers, if it’s not Trump and if it’s somebody like Ron DeSantis, Ted Cruz, Josh Hawley, these are all people who tied them closely to Trump, will you oppose them? Can you see yourself supporting any of them?”

Cheney said, “It would be very difficult. When you look at somebody like Josh Hawley or Ted Cruz, both of whom know better, both of whom no exactly the role of Congress is in terms of our constitutional obligations with respect to presidential elections, and yet both of whom took steps that, that fundamentally threatened the constitutional order and structure in the aftermath of the last election. So, you know, in my view, they both have made themselves unfit for future office.”

Karl said, “What about DeSantis?”

Cheney said, “DeSantis, who is right now campaigning for election deniers, and I think that’s something that I think people have to have real pause about. Either you fundamentally believe in and support our constitutional structure, or you don’t.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/08/21/liz-cheney-election-deniers-desantis-cruz-hawley-unfit-for-presidency/
She's now the media darling...they'll prop her up.

Offline libertybele

Re: Liz Cheney: Election Deniers DeSantis, Cruz, Hawley Unfit for Presidency
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2022, 07:40:00 pm »
She's now the media darling...they'll prop her up.

I'm hoping that she'll fade out one she loses her seat.  If the GOPe was wise they would distance themselves from her; however their greed always gets the best of them.

I don't know what' going to happen to Trump, but I do know that he's not out of the woods and he needs to announce soon whether or not he's running in 24, giving Cruz and Hawley a chance to up their game if they decide that they're running.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2022, 07:43:23 pm »
... as flatulence.
Maybe she could get a gig on The View...

Whoopie...Meet Cushion...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2022, 07:44:28 pm »
Maybe she could get a gig on The View...

Whoopie...Meet Cushion...

LOL!  :beer:

Yeah, she'd fit right in!

Offline mrclose

« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2022, 09:19:49 pm »
The desperate reaching and grasping to stay relevant just reeks. Her power is gone in January, by the time the nomination process for '24 rolls around she will be a political footnote.

👍👍👍👍👍
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2022, 09:22:35 pm »
Lizard, throw in Cotton, and you have listed about the only 4 high profile politicans I give a damned about.

Just shows how down the turd bowl you've fallen.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2022, 09:46:44 pm »
Unfit? Look in the mirror, Miss Piggy.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2022, 10:07:17 pm »
I don't understand why the GOP isn't raising holy hell to shut down the J6 Committee when its Vice Chairman is all over the media confirming her anti-Trump political agenda.

« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2022, 10:15:27 pm »

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2022, 10:16:55 pm »
I don't understand why the GOP isn't raising holy hell to shut down the J6 Committee when its Vice Chairman is all over the media confirming her anti-Trump political agenda.

:thumbsup:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2022, 10:22:45 pm »

Perhaps. But the problem she has is that there are millions who don't think the election was stolen. They KNOW it was because they watched it happen, in real time, right before their eyes. There are several here in fact, me being one of them.  Liz is going to have a very hard time selling her "You gonna believe me or your lying eyes?" snake oil to those people. @DCPatriot
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2022, 10:42:31 pm »
Perhaps. But the problem she has is that there are millions who don't think the election was stolen. They KNOW it was because they watched it happen, in real time, right before their eyes. There are several here in fact, me being one of them.  Liz is going to have a very hard time selling her "You gonna believe me or your lying eyes?" snake oil to those people. @DCPatriot

@Bigun

I watched it too, my friend!  However, the people in my particular sphere cast a fair sized shadow in terms of overall intelligence.

Say "Donald Trump" aloud, and they turn into lunatics.  They believe FOX is just as biased as their choice.

The fact that the other major outlets and AP all parrot what their source tells them makes it impossible to get the truth in front of them.

It's very depressing and IMO, it's going to be the 2022 or surely the 2024 Election where it explodes.  As @andy58-in-nh opined...there's no way to stop this from happening at this point.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2022, 10:45:01 pm »

This is what it always comes to. We have a distinct lack of leadership in the party. They are silent when they should be shouting.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2022, 10:46:16 pm »
Man, oh, man... is this gal goin' offa the deep end, or what...?

Offline rustynail

Offline libertybele

« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2022, 12:07:33 am »
Man, oh, man... is this gal goin' offa the deep end, or what...?

Lizzy is a bit cray cray and I think she needs to get a grip on reality. Her obsession with Trump might be turning into a psychosis.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2022, 12:09:34 am by libertybele »