Author Topic: Manchin's Rude Awakening - Own Party Betrays Him After He Caved on Inflation Reduction Act  (Read 683 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Manchin's Rude Awakening - Own Party Betrays Him After He Caved on Inflation Reduction Act
Elizabeth Stauffer, The Western Journal By Elizabeth Stauffer, The Western Journal
Published August 21, 2022 at 6:15am

Democrat Sen. Joe Manchin’s agreement late last month to back the disingenuously named Inflation Reduction Act came as a shock to Republicans and likely to members of his own party as well.

Up until then, the West Virginia senator had been the one vote standing between the Democrats’ passage of needless and expensive climate change legislation and fiscal sanity.

Then, one day in July, a beaming Manchin joined Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer to announce his support for a $740 billion bill which, contrary to its title, will do nothing to reduce inflation. It will, however, subsidize green energy programs, raise taxes on the middle class, and dramatically expand the size of the IRS.

In order to secure Manchin’s vote, President Joe Biden and Democratic leaders promised to facilitate the approval of a gas pipeline in West Virginia. This would require passage of legislation that would “overhaul the permitting process for energy infrastructure,” according to The American Prospect, a liberal website.

Apparently, progressives in the House are not keen on supporting a measure that “could undercut the IRA’s down payment on clean energy by accelerating approval for energy projects that could ramp up U.S. fossil fuel production and exports of natural gas,” The American Prospect reported.

more
https://thefederalistpapers.org/us/manchins-rude-awakening-party-betrays-caved-inflation-reduction-act
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I have a feeling these 30 pieces of green silver will remain entrenched in the minds of the WV electorate who will suffer later on due to Manchin's betrayal.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I have a feeling these 30 pieces of green silver will remain entrenched in the minds of the WV electorate who will suffer later on due to Manchin's betrayal.

:0001: :0001: :0001: :0001:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Give Mr. Manchin the 2022 Bart Stupak award for gullibility in the political arena...

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Well, Benedict Arnold wasn't treated well by the Brits, either...

No one trusts a turncoat who won't stay turned.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
This happened to Gen. Milley as well. During Trump, according to Milley's own book, he was in contact with the CCP and the Chinese Military using "backchannels", swearing that he would never allow (*ALLOW*) Trump to do anything against them. A clear military coup and usurpation of National Chain of Command.

Now, Trump is gone and China refuses to take calls from Milley anymore. Nobody respects a traitor. How can they trust him? More than that, they no longer need Milley. Biden will already do anything China tells them to do. So Milley/Austin are redundant.

But yes. As Manchin learned, once you 'trust' the word of Satan, only a fool is surprised when they are betrayed.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Milley is a traitor.  He should be court martialed and shot as a traitor.  He has already confessed to his treason, that is how blatant traitors are in the USA today.  And yet, he remains in control of our military.  Of course his boss is an even bigger traitor!

In regard to the moron Sen Manchin,  did you ever see a dumber look on a politician when Biden handed Manchin the signing pen to adding 87,000 IRS armed agents/modern day Gestapo?  Manchin ended his career with that vote.  No way West Virginia votes him into office again.  I can see him getting primaried in WV and losing.  And the new taxes on all forms of energy, but hey, no worries, not going to affect anyone under $400,000 income.  That lie alone should send Biden to politician hell.

And his numbers are up.  Go figure.  That is how dumb Americans are today, or just how dishonest the media is with every breath!

And when the inflation comes, and we have not properly addressed the current bout of hyper inflation, and these drunken sailors for spending us blind.  Interest rates will hit 12-14% next year.