Author Topic: Princeton Course Claims the 'Far Right' Abuses Liberty to 'Justify Hate Speech'  (Read 532 times)

Online Kamaji

Princeton Course Claims the 'Far Right' Abuses Liberty to 'Justify Hate Speech'

By Alex Parker
Aug 21, 2022

Have you ever abused your freedom of speech? According to a new offering at Princeton University, the answer may well be yes.

The Ivy League school boasts a fall course called Current Issues in Anthropology: Liberalism, Racism & Free Speech.

Here’s how it’s described on the college’s site:

In the U.S. and Europe, far right activists use “free speech” to justify hate speech. But haven’t understandings of free speech changed over time as countries authorize speech differently? How have Western histories of racism and colonialism shaped what counts as acceptable speech, particularly if violence ensues?

The class promises to employ “comparative studies of racist and Islamophobic hate speech to examine different cultural approaches to managing speech and how these rules are contested/challenged by popular countermobilizations.”

Additionally, the study will “theorize intersections of racism, liberalism, speech from scholars of post-colonialism, anti-black racism, and feminist theory.”

The reading list includes the following:

Source:  https://redstate.com/alexparker/2022/08/21/princeton-course-claims-the-far-right-abuses-liberty-to-justify-hate-speech-n615288

Online Kamaji

How far Princeton has fallen.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
How far Princeton has fallen.

Ah, but the black squirrels are still there.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
What is the 'far right' I keep hearing the left screech about? You would think it refer to extremists like the 'White Supremacist' bogeyman that was the go to slur. The truth is they consider anyone even the least conservative that believes in family, the constitution and God forbid, biology to be 'far right'.

Always the left slanders conservatives accusing them of that which is the norm for the left, hate speech, racism, even calling for the extermination of the White devil.

Online Kamaji

What is the 'far right' I keep hearing the left screech about? You would think it refer to extremists like the 'White Supremacist' bogeyman that was the go to slur. The truth is they consider anyone even the least conservative that believes in family, the constitution and God forbid, biology to be 'far right'.

Always the left slanders conservatives accusing them of that which is the norm for the left, hate speech, racism, even calling for the extermination of the White devil.

According to libs/progs/leftists, one is "far right" if one does not toe every last little one of the lib/prog/leftist ideological lines.   Even centrists and moderates - by the old reckoning - are now "far right" "extremists".

Offline andy58-in-nh

Ah, but the black squirrels are still there.
@Gefn

Of course: they are likely being subsidized.

All kidding aside, this sort of curriculum is atrocious. It is a full-frontal assault on truth, logic, reason and intellectual freedom.   

It survives because it is itself being subsidized by people who believe, in spite of all contrary evidence, that an elite college education endows one with knowledge.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Princeton is over-compensating for the sins of its own past, ala Woodrow Wilson.

The Left's attack on "free speech" has the ultimate goal of eliminating free thought.  They only want us to believe what they tell us to believe, like a woke North Korea.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.