Author Topic: POLL: Most Americans Believe There’s An ‘Invasion’ Happening At The Southern Border  (Read 453 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
POLL: Most Americans Believe There’s An ‘Invasion’ Happening At The Southern Border
Migrants cross the U.S.-Mexico border in Texas
REUTERS/Go Nakamura

Daily Caller News Foundation logo

LAUREL DUGGAN
SOCIAL ISSUES AND CULTURE REPORTER
August 18, 2022
1:28 PM ET
FONT SIZE:

A majority of Americans, including a plurality of Democrats, believe there is an invasion occurring at the southern border, a Thursday poll from Ipsos and NPR found.

Overall, 54% of Americans believed it is true or “somewhat true” that the U.S. is experiencing an invasion at the southern border, while half of Americans believed that migrants carrying fentanyl across the border were responsible for rising drug deaths and 42% believe the U.S. has an open border policy, the poll found, interpreting “true” and “somewhat true” responses to denote agreement with the prompt. It also found a modest shift in attitudes since 2018 toward skepticism of immigration.

Republicans were more likely to agree with all three prompts, with 76% believing there’s an invasion at the southern border, 70% blaming border smuggling of fentanyl for the rise in drug deaths and 63% believing the U.S. has an open border, according to the poll. Pollsters blamed conservative media for these beliefs among Republicans, citing Fox News viewership as an indicator of whether someone ranks these statements as completely true. (RELATED: Four Alleged Cartel Members Charged With Sending Money To China For Fentanyl Production)

https://dailycaller.com/2022/08/18/poll-americans-believe-invasion-southern-border-mexico-fentanyl/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Title and presumption:
"POLL: Most Americans Believe There’s An ‘Invasion’ Happening At The Southern Border"

As do nearly all of the regular posters in this forum.

But NONE of the regular posters of this forum would support what would be necessary to reverse such an invasion, leading up to the identification and removal of the illegal invaders...