Author Topic: NYC launches program to get migrant children into schools amid busing feud with Texas  (Read 579 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
NEW YORK CITY Published August 19, 2022 12:19pm EDT

NYC launches program to get migrant children into schools amid busing feud with Texas

The Big Apple says at least 1,000 will enter the school system next month.
By Adam Shaw | Fox News

New York City on Friday announced that it is launching a program to get hundreds of migrant children into schools, just as the "sanctuary" city is dealing with a surge in illegal immigrants being bused in from Texas.

The program, named "Project Open Arms," will involve the work of multiple city agencies to give migrant families a "broad range of resources" ahead of the start of the school year on Sept. 8.

According to the mayor's office, the project will aim to simplify the school enrollment program, provide supplies and backpacks, connect families to clinics for healthcare, offer support in native languages, and to make sure migrant children have "access to universal-social-emotional supports."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/nyc-launches-program-get-migrant-children-schools-busing-feud-texas
« Last Edit: August 19, 2022, 04:48:41 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
How will they decide who, and how many, go to which schools?  If they are going to send them all over, will they ask for the Guard to assist them?  And will the schools wind up paying for the "future Americans" in that kind sanctuary city? :shrug:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online DefiantMassRINO

Why is it bad for northern states and municipalities to have to pay for the illegal migrant crisis, but, it's okay for southern border states and municipalities to have to pay for a failed Federal Immigration policy and enforcement?

Keep up the good work, Governor Abbott.  You're hurting them where it hurts them most - their fiscal budgets.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline BellyAche

This is a absolutely ridiculous! NYC is extending red carpet treatment to ILLEGAL migrants. The kids  and parents are going to receive more instant services than local families in need. The city will give out Metrocards to use the transit system, and find empty hotel rooms or available buildings for them.  There is already a teacher shortage and the education budget is considered inadequate!  Where will the $$$ come from?? Law abiding and hard working citizens!!! I’m livid! This is my first post here. Nice to find a place to vent.   :seeya:
Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. - Theodore Roosevelt

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
This is a absolutely ridiculous! NYC is extending red carpet treatment to ILLEGAL migrants. The kids  and parents are going to receive more instant services than local families in need. The city will give out Metrocards to use the transit system, and find empty hotel rooms or available buildings for them.  There is already a teacher shortage and the education budget is considered inadequate!  Where will the $$$ come from?? Law abiding and hard working citizens!!! I’m livid! This is my first post here. Nice to find a place to vent.   :seeya:

Welcome to TBR...and a great first post.. @BellyAche
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline corbe

Welcome to TBR @BellyAche
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.