Author Topic: Come On, Mitch McConnell, Republicans Need You To Step Up And Lead By: Mollie Hemingway  (Read 480 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Come On, Mitch McConnell, Republicans Need You To Step Up And Lead
By: Mollie Hemingway
August 19, 2022

As the top elected Republican in the country, Mitch McConnell has an obligation to immediately and dramatically improve his performance.

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell was asked yesterday about Republican prospects for the November elections.

“I think there’s probably a greater likelihood the House flips than the Senate. Senate races are just different, they’re statewide, candidate quality has a lot to do with the outcome,” McConnell replied.

The media and others on the left were of course thrilled with the Republican leader’s “notable quotable” disparagement of Republican candidates and the voters who chose them, which somehow came off even worse on video.

What was McConnell thinking? What in the world was he thinking?

Unnecessarily ceding an incredibly winnable Senate to Democrats three months before an election is a great example of the leadership choices that have led McConnell to be the least popular national politician in the country, according to the RealClearPolitics average. And it’s a good example of why so many Republicans — grateful as they may be for his successes — think it’s time for new leadership.

Still, for the time being, McConnell is the top elected Republican, and he has an obligation to effectively lead the Republican team, respecting the voters and who they have chosen.

In this case, having a nearly opposite response about Republican prospects rather than the pouty and clinical one McConnell offered would have been strategically and politically wise. It also would have matched much more with the reality of the political environment.

more
https://thefederalist.com/2022/08/19/come-on-mitch-mcconnell-republicans-need-you-to-step-up-and-lead/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Greg Price
@greg_price11

The GOP needs a new leader in the Senate. McConnell would rather donate money to Liz Cheney than fight to elect America First Republicans who won't sell out the voters that elect them.

He is actively rooting for us to lose.

1:10 PM · Aug 18, 2022  Twitter Web App

Offline Right_in_Virginia

McConnell is telling you now what people like me have been telling you for years — the GOP would rather lose to Democrats than lose control of the party to its base. That’s what “electable” means — someone they approve of. Ditch would rather have Kelly than Masters, for example.— Steve Deace (@SteveDeaceShow) August 19, 2022

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Love Mollie.

She is right - Mitch plays small ball, and doesn't even engage the Dems in any kind of real opposition. He's like a perpetual Neville Chamberlain.

After this debacle with the Inflation Reduction Act, he's either incompetent of complicit. He needs to go.
The Republic is lost.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Congressional Republican leadership is playing prevent defense.

Prevent defense didn't work for Marty Schottenheimer, and it won't work for the GOP.  It will keep them in the game, but it won't win the games that matter the most.

As an example of the folly of playing prevent defense, I give you the most infamous failure of "prevent defense".

*** Warning: This video may be disturbing to Cleveland Browns fans. ***

The Drive
1986 AFC Championship Game
January 11, 1987

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IME_wgGSX-E&ab_channel=sdtimemachine
« Last Edit: August 19, 2022, 03:50:54 pm by mystery-ak »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Come On, Mitch McConnell, Republicans Need You To Step Up And Lead Down And Get Out Of The Way!

There now it makes sense!

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Not.
Gonna.
Happen.

(nuthin' more to say...)