Author Topic: Ukraine 3  (Read 152247 times)

Offline Kamaji

Re: Ukraine 3
« Reply #2626 on: May 05, 2023, 07:37:09 pm »
Fired ‘Butcher of Mariupol’ Russian general joins Wagner mercenaries

By Snejana Farberov
May 5, 2023

A notoriously ruthless Russian general dubbed “the Butcher of Mariupol” has reportedly joined the Wagner mercenary group as a deputy commander, just days after being axed from a high-powered military post, according to a blogger.

Russian pro-war correspondent Alexander Simonov shared videos on his Telegram channel that purport to show Col. Gen. Mikhail Mizintsev — who until recently served as deputy defense minister for logistics — visiting a training camp and touring Russian positions in the city of Bakhmut in eastern Ukraine.

In the videos, the 60-year-old commander, whose brutal tactics in Ukraine have earned him the moniker “the Butcher of Mariupol,” is seen wearing fatigues bearing Wagner Group insignia.   

One of the videos shows Mizintsev deep in conversation with a uniformed man believed to be a Wagner fighter discussing combat tactics and analysis of errors after battles.

News of Mizintsev’s new gig with the Wagner Group coincides with the release of two video statements by the paramilitary organization’s founder, Yevgeny Prigozhin, who vowed to withdraw his fighters from Bakhmut on May 10 after more than eight months of bloody fighting.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/05/05/fired-butcher-of-mariupol-mizintsev-joins-wagner-group/

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #2627 on: May 06, 2023, 12:39:07 pm »

Russia is cancelling Victory Day celebrations to hide its military losses, and is using alleged Kremlin drone strike as an excuse, experts say
https://www.yahoo.com/news/russia-using-supposed-kremlin-drone-104733282.html

Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #2628 on: May 06, 2023, 01:42:20 pm »
Russia is cancelling Victory Day celebrations to hide its military losses, and is using alleged Kremlin drone strike as an excuse, experts say
https://www.yahoo.com/news/russia-using-supposed-kremlin-drone-104733282.html

Cancellation of the May parade is huge!  (And there was no drone 'strike' on the Kremlin.)
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #2629 on: May 06, 2023, 02:16:28 pm »
Cancellation of the May parade is huge!  (And there was no drone 'strike' on the Kremlin.)

I was thinking if we did the drone strike the Kremlin would have been gone.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #2630 on: May 06, 2023, 05:25:53 pm »
Russia using phosphorus bombs on Bakhmut

https://twitter.com/MarioNawfal/status/1654845224202502148

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2631 on: May 07, 2023, 05:01:29 pm »
Ukraine war: 'Mad panic' as Russia evacuates town near Zaporizhzhia plant

Russia has sparked a "mad panic" as it evacuates a town near the contested Zaporizhzhia nuclear power plant, a Ukrainian official says.

Russia has told people to leave 18 settlements in the Zaporizhzhia region, including Enerhodar near the plant, ahead of Kyiv's anticipated offensive.

The Ukrainian mayor of Melitopol, Ivan Fedorov, said there were five-hour waits as thousands of cars left.

The UN's nuclear watchdog warned a "severe nuclear accident" could occur.

Speaking to the BBC's Newshour programme Rafael Grossi - the director of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) - said the evacuation of residents near the nuclear plant indicated the possibility of heavy fighting between Russian and Ukrainian forces around the plant.

Although the plant's reactors were not producing electricity they were still loaded with nuclear material, he said.

Mr Grossi added that he had had to travel through a minefield when he visited the plant a few weeks ago.

Earlier, the IAEA warned in a statement that situation at the Zaporizhzhia plant was "becoming increasingly unpredictable and potentially dangerous".................

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-65515443
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2632 on: May 07, 2023, 05:04:26 pm »
Putin's tab of war crimes grows by the day.  Blowing up a nuke power plant?  He really is getting desperate.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2633 on: May 07, 2023, 05:07:22 pm »
Putin's tab of war crimes grows by the day.  Blowing up a nuke power plant?  He really is getting desperate.

Desperate and perhaps just plain crazed at this point.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #2634 on: May 07, 2023, 05:14:32 pm »
Ukraine war: 'Mad panic' as Russia evacuates town near Zaporizhzhia plant

Russia has sparked a "mad panic" as it evacuates a town near the contested Zaporizhzhia nuclear power plant, a Ukrainian official says.

Russia has told people to leave 18 settlements in the Zaporizhzhia region, including Enerhodar near the plant, ahead of Kyiv's anticipated offensive.

The Ukrainian mayor of Melitopol, Ivan Fedorov, said there were five-hour waits as thousands of cars left.

The UN's nuclear watchdog warned a "severe nuclear accident" could occur.

Speaking to the BBC's Newshour programme Rafael Grossi - the director of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) - said the evacuation of residents near the nuclear plant indicated the possibility of heavy fighting between Russian and Ukrainian forces around the plant.

Although the plant's reactors were not producing electricity they were still loaded with nuclear material, he said.

Mr Grossi added that he had had to travel through a minefield when he visited the plant a few weeks ago.

Earlier, the IAEA warned in a statement that situation at the Zaporizhzhia plant was "becoming increasingly unpredictable and potentially dangerous".................

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-65515443

So, the Russians are now going to sabotage an active nuclear power plant, just to poison the surrounding area?  It still astounds me that there are some Americans who think the Russians are (a) justified, and (b) doing the right thing.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #2635 on: May 07, 2023, 06:40:41 pm »
So, the Russians are now going to sabotage an active nuclear power plant, just to poison the surrounding area?  It still astounds me that there are some Americans who think the Russians are (a) justified, and (b) doing the right thing.

I think it has to do with the current occupant of the White House sadly.  I'm not a fan of Biden, but, there is one area I agree with Biden on this issue.

Having said that I wonder if those Americans who support Russia would be ok if giving up Alaska if they demanded Alaska back.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2636 on: May 07, 2023, 06:48:32 pm »

I think it has to do with the current occupant of the White House sadly.  I'm not a fan of Biden, but, there is one area I agree with Biden on this issue.

Having said that I wonder if those Americans who support Russia would be ok if giving up Alaska if they demanded Alaska back.
Alaska was bought, fair and square. Hell No!

Besides the untapped resource riches of Alaska would boggle the mind, and the Government is sitting on a lot of that like a dog in the manger.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #2637 on: May 08, 2023, 12:07:42 am »
I'm not a fan of Biden, but, there is one area I agree with Biden on this issue.

I don't.  Biden wants to extend the length of this war for years.  He does not support Ukraine's position (i.e. to drive all Russian troops out of Ukraine).  Biden's only objective is to exploit this war for political and financial gain.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #2638 on: May 08, 2023, 01:02:46 pm »
Meltdown panic grows as Putin evacuates towns near Ukrainian nuclear power plant which his troops have filled with EXPLOSIVES and artillery - with the UN warning of 'severe' threat of a deadly accident

Russia has evacuated 1,680 citizens from the surrounding region ahead of Ukraine's much-anticipated counteroffensive to take back Russian-occupied
UN watchdog has warned that clashes around the plant risk nuclear catastrophe

By CHRIS JEWERS and ROHAN GUPTA
8 May 2023

Fears of a nuclear meltdown are growing in Ukraine as Vladimir Putin evacuates towns near Europe's largest nuclear power plant, amid warnings that his troops have placed explosives and artillery at the site.

Moscow has evacuated 1,680 citizens, including 660 children, from areas around the Zaporizhzhia nuclear plant ahead of Kyiv's much-anticipated counteroffensive to drive the Russian president's troops back.

More than a dozen towns and villages have been evacuated near the front line in southern Ukraine, including the town of Enerhodar, which is home to the plant's workers and their families. It was seized in the early days of Putin's invasion.

Source:  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12058671/Meltdown-panic-grows-Putin-evacuates-towns-near-Ukrainian-nuclear-power-plant.html

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2639 on: May 08, 2023, 01:37:15 pm »
Meltdown panic grows as Putin evacuates towns near Ukrainian nuclear power plant which his troops have filled with EXPLOSIVES and artillery - with the UN warning of 'severe' threat of a deadly accident

Was there ever more proof that the UN is as worthless as tits on a boar hog (inaction), after 3-4 days of wathching this unfold......  Disband the sham.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2640 on: May 08, 2023, 02:18:30 pm »
Was there ever more proof that the UN is as worthless as tits on a boar hog (inaction), after 3-4 days of wathching this unfold......  Disband the sham.

@catfish1957

As cold-blooded and heartless as what I write may SEEM to  be,the Soviets setting off that massive explosion and spreading nuclear waste all over the landscape JUST  MIGHT  BE the final  nail in the coffin of Soviet Communism.

Maybe even non-Soviet Communism in some places and minds.

Face it,there is NO practical,military,OR stargetic reason for them to do this. IF they do it,it will only be done BECAUSE they are vindictive bitches that just can't face their failure,and they want to punish hundreds of thousands of innocent victims over a period of years for their own failure.

The ONLY place on the planet I can think of where Putin will be able to hide is in China,and even they might not want him,given the fact that they are pretending to be be turning capitalist and opening new markets.

The down-side for Russia is all the innocent Russians that will suffer from  the results over the upcoming years. Putin may well get the blame he would deserve,but we all know that Russian citizens who  had  nothing to do with any of it will share in that blame because  that is just the way these things work.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #2641 on: May 08, 2023, 07:03:35 pm »
@catfish1957

As cold-blooded and heartless as what I write may SEEM to  be,the Soviets setting off that massive explosion and spreading nuclear waste all over the landscape JUST  MIGHT  BE the final  nail in the coffin of Soviet Communism.

Maybe even non-Soviet Communism in some places and minds.

Face it,there is NO practical,military,OR stargetic reason for them to do this. IF they do it,it will only be done BECAUSE they are vindictive bitches that just can't face their failure,and they want to punish hundreds of thousands of innocent victims over a period of years for their own failure.

The ONLY place on the planet I can think of where Putin will be able to hide is in China,and even they might not want him,given the fact that they are pretending to be be turning capitalist and opening new markets.

The down-side for Russia is all the innocent Russians that will suffer from  the results over the upcoming years. Putin may well get the blame he would deserve,but we all know that Russian citizens who  had  nothing to do with any of it will share in that blame because  that is just the way these things work.
You are right. This reeks of "If we can't have it, no one will".

Russia could change it's name to 'shit' if this is done, and be a global pariah.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #2642 on: May 08, 2023, 07:18:33 pm »

The greatest threat to the world today is not Soviet Communism.  The greatest threat is American Communism.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #2643 on: May 08, 2023, 08:05:51 pm »
The greatest threat to the world today is not Soviet Communism.  The greatest threat is American Communism.

That's a thought I never thought I'd have to contemplate.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2644 on: May 08, 2023, 08:28:05 pm »
That's a thought I never thought I'd have to contemplate.

Yeah! I was in a similar situation while serving in Vietnam but here I am.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #2645 on: May 08, 2023, 08:45:44 pm »
This is similar to Iran constantly threatening to use nuclear weapons to "erase" Israel.

If they ever did that, the entire Middle East and the Mediterranean Sea, including Iran itself along with Lebanon, Egypt, Jordan, Syria, etc., would become radioactive for a century. Furthermore, they would kill many times more Muslims than Jews. They would gain nothing and lose everything.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2646 on: May 08, 2023, 09:00:43 pm »
This is similar to Iran constantly threatening to use nuclear weapons to "erase" Israel.

If they ever did that, the entire Middle East and the Mediterranean Sea, including Iran itself along with Lebanon, Egypt, Jordan, Syria, etc., would become radioactive for a century. Furthermore, they would kill many times more Muslims than Jews. They would gain nothing and lose everything.

I really wish they could understand that.  They demonstrably do not.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #2647 on: May 08, 2023, 10:02:43 pm »

There'd be a run on virgins in the afterlife.
Unfortunately, that's how some of them look at it.
:shrug:

C S Lewis

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #2648 on: May 09, 2023, 11:28:16 am »
Unit of Russian troops 'ran as fast as they could' from the frontline during recent battlefield defeat in Ukraine, Wagner boss claims in scathing new attack on Kremlin military chiefs

Yevgeny Prigozhin compared Moscow's forces with a fish rotting from the head
Wagner chief has been in bitter war of words with Kremlin over ammo supplies

By WILL STEWART and CHRISTIAN OLIVER
9 May 2023

Russian troops 'ran as fast as they could' as they fled their positions on the frontline in Ukraine, the head of the Wagner mercenary group has claimed in his latest rant targeting the Kremlin's military chiefs.

Yevgeny Prigozhin - until now a close ally of Vladimir Putin - savaged the tactics of Russia's war commanders and compared Moscow's forces with a fish that was rotting from the head.

Prigozhin threatened to defy Moscow's warning that he and his men would face treason charges if they abandoned their frontline positions as the Russian defence ministry has failed to supply them with ammunition.

Source:  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12063161/Unit-Russian-troops-ran-fast-frontline-Wagner-boss-claims.html

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #2649 on: May 09, 2023, 05:47:59 pm »
Unit of Russian troops 'ran as fast as they could' from the frontline during recent battlefield defeat in Ukraine, Wagner boss claims in scathing new attack on Kremlin military chiefs

Yevgeny Prigozhin compared Moscow's forces with a fish rotting from the head
Wagner chief has been in bitter war of words with Kremlin over ammo supplies

By WILL STEWART and CHRISTIAN OLIVER
9 May 2023

Russian troops 'ran as fast as they could' as they fled their positions on the frontline in Ukraine, the head of the Wagner mercenary group has claimed in his latest rant targeting the Kremlin's military chiefs.

Yevgeny Prigozhin - until now a close ally of Vladimir Putin - savaged the tactics of Russia's war commanders and compared Moscow's forces with a fish that was rotting from the head.

Prigozhin threatened to defy Moscow's warning that he and his men would face treason charges if they abandoned their frontline positions as the Russian defence ministry has failed to supply them with ammunition.

Source:  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12063161/Unit-Russian-troops-ran-fast-frontline-Wagner-boss-claims.html

Seriously, how long can the Russian Army or in this case, the Wagner group can keep on going and start to refuse Moscow orders and start a rebellion against Putin.