Author Topic: Ukraine 3  (Read 152220 times)

Offline Kamaji

Re: Ukraine 3
« Reply #2525 on: April 27, 2023, 11:47:43 am »
Russian military plane bursts into flames and crashes into a lake in region bordering Finland

Law enforcement agencies reported the crash, according to Russian state news
The crash was reported to have happened in Murmansk in Russia's northwest

By CHRIS JEWERS
26 April 2023

A Russian military plane has burst into flames and crashed into a lake in a north-western region of Russia that borders Finland, according to state media.

The military plane crashed in the Murmansk region after catching fire, the TASS news agency said on Wednesday, citing law enforcement agencies.

The MIG-31 fighter jet, said to be on a training flight, 'crashed in an uninhabited area,' TASS quoted the ministry as saying. The pilots ejected, the agency added, and were found 'alive and well' after the drama.

Source:  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12016765/Russian-military-plane-bursts-flames-crashes-lake.html

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2526 on: April 27, 2023, 01:18:05 pm »
Ukraine Flooded with NATO Military Hardware: Nine New Armoured Brigades Raised, Equipped

NATO allies and partners have sent Ukraine some 1,550 armoured vehicles and 230 tanks to form new heavy battlefield formations in a little over 12 months, NATO chief Jens Stoltenberg said Thursday, promising more to come as part of  a “multi-year programme of support.”

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2023/04/27/ukraine-flooded-with-nato-military-hardware-nine-new-armoured-brigades-raised-equipped/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2527 on: April 27, 2023, 01:26:49 pm »
US helping Ukraine craft war plan to surprise Russia in coming counteroffensive
by Jamie McIntyre, Senior Writer |
April 27, 2023 07:03 AM

‘THE UKRAINIANS ARE IN ARE IN A GOOD POSITION’: America’s top general in Europe, Gen. Christopher Cavoli — who is both the supreme NATO and U.S. European commander — has told Congress that the U.S. has been working closely with Ukraine on its plans for a counteroffensive against Russia, including ways to gain the element of surprise despite the fact the Russians and the whole world know the military operation is coming.

“Of course, we've worked on all that with them. And, of course, it wouldn't be a surprise if we talked about it in public,” Cavoli testified before the House Armed Services Committee yesterday. “Any force can always use more of everything. But according to the modeling that we [have] very carefully done with them, the Ukrainians are in a good position.”

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/defense-national-security/us-helping-ukraine-craft-war-plan-to-surprise-russia-in-coming-counteroffensive
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #2528 on: April 27, 2023, 03:01:46 pm »
We're still a bit early in the spring for a major counter-offensive in Ukraine.  At least in WW2, this would still have been considered the wet season.  I really couldn't find any evidence of major mechanized attacks being conducted at this time of year.  The Germans main 1942 summer offensive didn't start until June 28.  Their main offensive in 1943 started in July, and the Soviet response came after that.  In 1944, the main Soviet offensive kicked off on June 22.

What might be happening now are smaller probing attacks and shaping the battlefield by grabbing some particular pieces of ground.  But the Ukrainian main attack likely won't start until mid-May at the earliest.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2023, 03:06:43 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #2529 on: April 27, 2023, 03:07:16 pm »
We're still a bit early in the spring for a major counter-offensive in Ukraine.  At least in WW2, this would still have been considered the wet season.  I really couldn't find any evidence of major mechanized attacks being conducted at this time of year.  The Germans main 1942 summer offensive didn't start until June 28.  Their main offensive in 1943 started in July, and the Soviet response came after that.  In 1944, the main Soviet offensive kicked off on June 22.

What might be happening now are smaller probing attacks and shaping the battlefield by grabbing some particular pieces of ground.  But the Ukrainian main attack likely won't start until mid-May at the earliest.

Particularly with the news that Ukraine has crossed over the Dnieper, it sounds like that is exactly what's happening.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #2530 on: April 27, 2023, 03:42:23 pm »

Ukraine 'tried to ASSASSINATE Putin using drone loaded with explosives that crashed just miles from industrial estate dictator was due to visit near Moscow', German media claims

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12019935/Ukraine-tried-ASSASSINATE-Putin-using-drone-loaded-explosives-German-media-claims.html

Hopefully, it is true..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline ChemEngrMBA

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #2531 on: April 27, 2023, 03:48:22 pm »

The problem I have is trying to figure out who and what is going to replace the current Soviet system, and will the world be a safer or a more dangerous place after this happens.

Stop worrying yourself. That's way above your pay grade, if you still get any pay, that is.
The Book Commentary: "The book (Brilliant Creations - The Wonder of Nature and Life) is pure genius."
Review by John Orosz, M.D. "Wow, beyond outstanding. Please send me twenty signed copies for colleagues, family, and libraries."
"I was running every morning for twenty years with a genius." - Mike McCartney, D.D.S.
"You have the most agile mind of anyone I know." -
Avice Marie Griffin, PhD, Clinical Psychologist

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #2532 on: April 27, 2023, 04:18:25 pm »
Particularly with the news that Ukraine has crossed over the Dnieper, it sounds like that is exactly what's happening.

Yeah, they do those little amphibious raids across the Dnipro to see how quickly the Russians react, how well it is defended, and perhaps as a feint or demonstration.  I wouldn't expect the main Ukrainian attack to be across the Dnipro itself - the main attack is more likely to be in Zaporizhzhia driving south to Melitopol or Berdyansk.  But if these little raids find out that the Russians are slow to react, or the sector is really poorly defended, it would be a really nice secondary attack to throw off balance the Russian troops to their east trying to stop that main drive.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #2533 on: April 27, 2023, 04:28:22 pm »
Yeah, they do those little amphibious raids across the Dnipro to see how quickly the Russians react, how well it is defended, and perhaps as a feint or demonstration.  I wouldn't expect the main Ukrainian attack to be across the Dnipro itself - the main attack is more likely to be in Zaporizhzhia driving south to Melitopol or Berdyansk.  But if these little raids find out that the Russians are slow to react, or the sector is really poorly defended, it would be a really nice secondary attack to throw off balance the Russian troops to their east trying to stop that main drive.

That and preparing small "surprises" for the Russians to keep them second-guessing everything.  Certainly it won't be the main thrust of the counter.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2534 on: April 27, 2023, 07:21:32 pm »
US helping Ukraine craft war plan to surprise Russia in coming counteroffensive
by Jamie McIntyre, Senior Writer |
April 27, 2023 07:03 AM

‘THE UKRAINIANS ARE IN ARE IN A GOOD POSITION’: America’s top general in Europe, :yowsa:— who is both the supreme NATO and U.S. European commander — has told Congress that the U.S. has been working closely with Ukraine on its plans for a counteroffensive against Russia,including ways to gain the element of surprise despite the fact the Russians and the whole world know the military operation is coming.

@mystery-ak

Uhhhhhh.........
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #2535 on: April 27, 2023, 07:37:01 pm »
@mystery-ak

Uhhhhhh.........

Tell me again why Jack Teixeira is in jail?
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2536 on: April 27, 2023, 07:45:22 pm »

@bigheadfred

Because he is not a General Officer with political connections?

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2537 on: April 27, 2023, 07:50:27 pm »

I know my opinion of Assange and Snowden is  different than it was 10 years ago.  Your government is not your friend.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #2538 on: April 27, 2023, 07:55:21 pm »
@bigheadfred

Because he is not a General Officer with political connections?

Yep.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #2539 on: April 27, 2023, 07:58:58 pm »
I know my opinion of Assange and Snowden is  different than it was 10 years ago.  Your government is not your friend.

I think what Teixeira did was stupid but is not a traitor.

In the case of the other two the traitors to our traitors is my friend.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2540 on: April 27, 2023, 08:10:11 pm »
Yep.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #2541 on: April 28, 2023, 02:24:32 am »
Partisan attack kills police chief in Russian-occupied Melitopol

Robert Greenall  |  5 hours ago

A police chief in the occupied Ukrainian city of Melitopol, who defected to Russia after they seized the city, has been killed in an apparent partisan bombing.

Oleksandr Mishchenko died when an improvised device exploded at the entrance to the block where he lived.

There have recently been reports of heightened Ukrainian partisan activity in the region.

Melitopol's exiled mayor said the dead officer was a traitor.  .  .

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-65414836
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #2542 on: April 28, 2023, 05:40:03 am »

Wir werden für die Ukraine kämpfen.
Slawa Ukraine
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline kevindavis007

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #2545 on: April 28, 2023, 01:56:11 pm »

https://twitter.com/TheInsiderPaper/status/1651928917807169537

Whaddya know!

So some moron (who shall remain nameless) blamed America but ended up being wrong. What a surprise

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #2546 on: April 28, 2023, 01:56:43 pm »

So some moron (who shall remain nameless) blamed America but ended up being wrong. What a surprise

I can't wait to see the song-and-dance routine on this one.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #2547 on: April 28, 2023, 04:46:42 pm »

I can't wait to see the song-and-dance routine on this one.

Going to be more twisted than a Pretzel.

Offline bilo

« Reply #2548 on: April 29, 2023, 03:11:32 am »
Partisan attack kills police chief in Russian-occupied Melitopol

Robert Greenall  |  5 hours ago

A police chief in the occupied Ukrainian city of Melitopol, who defected to Russia after they seized the city, has been killed in an apparent partisan bombing.

Oleksandr Mishchenko died when an improvised device exploded at the entrance to the block where he lived.

There have recently been reports of heightened Ukrainian partisan activity in the region.

Melitopol's exiled mayor said the dead officer was a traitor.  .  .

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-65414836

He's right! Anyone who cooperates in any way with the Russians is complicit in the evil they are perpetuating.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2549 on: April 29, 2023, 05:16:00 am »
He's right! Anyone who cooperates in any way with the Russians is complicit in the evil they are perpetuating.

@bilo

Yup,and it would be a safe bet to assume that names and addresses are being noted for future use.